Apple iPad Air 3 (2019) 10.5" Tablets

Apple iPad Air 3 (2019) 10.5" Tablets

The condition of these iPads is not describe, but since the Air 3 (2019) was not released until this past spring, it might be a fair guess these are buyers remorse returns to Costco/Sams/et al. It would seem they would not be heavily used, the model itself being so new. Still, it would be nice if Woot described the condition.

Also interesting that they by definition, at 6 months or younger, in age, would still be within the original Apple warranty. Is that warranty not transferable? (The claimed warranty here is 90 days from Woot).

Note in some ways this model is very similar to the previous iPad Pro 10.5.

• identical dimensions
  • also has the smart connector on the side for a keyboard
  • both are compatible with the 1st gen Apple Pencil
  • both have 64 GB in base configuration
  • has the A12 processor vs the Pro 10.5 with the A10X cpu
  • has a less capable camera vs the Pro 10.5

Because the Air 3 (2019) 64GB is an odd, sort of out of place model, deals on it are more rare vs. the far less expensive mainstream iPad 6 9.7 and iPad 7 10.2… both of which are also 1st gen Apple Pencil compatible and have 32 GB of storage in the base configurations.

$369 seems like a fair deal, assuming these examples are in like new condition.

Definitely not a fan of the included aftermarket “generic” charger and “generic” lightning cable. I believe these originally come with Apple 12 watt chargers.

If they said who refurbished it (Apple or some 3rd party) and included legit cable and charger I’d be very tempted. Without more details on the condition, potentially super short warranty, and the lack of of OEM charger/cable, I’ll pass.

Hey buddy, not sure what you’re talking about with the condition. These were refurbished.

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

Still no description of the actual resulting condition! :wink:

Even Fleabay sellers make an (not always honest) attempt to describe the actual condition of the “refurbs”. “Refurb” means different things to different folks, condition-wise, and the above “definition” does little to nail that down.

What other info are you wanting? We’ve never given more information other than “Scratch-n-Dent” when it applies.

How about the actual condition? Degree of scratches, cosmetic condition, etc… It it is “like new” condition (none to minimal scratches), saying so would be a big confidence booster!

Thanks.

Our refurbished, unless otherwise noted, would be considered Grade A. There will a bit of wear - more than Factory Reconditioned but not Scratch-n-Dent.

If you’re unhappy with the item, we have a 30-day return policy.

1 Like

Great! Why not explicitly say that when it applies? It might be the thing that tipped me to buy when I’m on the fence rather than being left wondering!

Thanks for sticking with this string.

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
Not my call. I’ve given the feedback before.

Our definitions haven’t changed in years so there’s that.

But Woot! Customer Service certainly has changed… and for the better!

There’s always room for improvement - and this one is a zero-cost improvement that might encourage more sales or quicker sell-outs. :wink:

The item arrived with a dent. I wonder if it’s still OK to use it or not…

Good morning. It should be fine as it was tested before sale. However, work with it and check it out yourself. If you find any problems contact Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.