Apple iPhone 6S Verizon Unlocked (S&D)

Hey all. As noted in the features:

Unlocked! Built for Verizon, but compatible with most CDMA & GSM carriers.

AT&T = GSM = YES
VERIZON = CDMA = YES

Yes. It’s listed as “In the box” at the bottom of the specs. The wall plug is not.

we got several of the 5c phones from Woot and never had any issues with them. one died, 2 still going.

we have T-Mobile fyi

So do you think I shouldn’t worry that 1 out of 5 reviewers gave it only 1 star? I’d really like one but don’t want to get stuck with another $300 paperweight.

I have bought three iphones through woot. Only one do date has worked properly though they let me return the other two bad ones.

i want one of these but can’t get it to add to my cart, are they sold out??

Both; supports cdma & gsm

The 64GB are sold out.

We’re trying to see if we can get some more 64GB phones but no promises at this point.

iPhone 6s will work on all US carriers.

I got an iPhone 5s and (knock on wood) it’s been great. Once the camera went a bit weird, but I turned it off, turned it on and then it was fine. That was 4 months ago.
It was - true to description - very lightly scratched (no dents), but since we have to cover these delicate little snowflakes in armour-all flack jackets just to survive a pocket, that makes no difference to me.

Been here, done this, won’t do it again. The phone arrived looking like someone has thrown it down a flight of gravel stairs. Seemed to work ok, but after a few days realized it was not ok, tried all the fixes, but nothing would do. The good news is that it was an easy return, it was just a waste of time. I wound up buying one off the Apple store refurb. More money but worked and looked new, and still works fine.

Exactly. I bought a used 6S Plus from a friend who had originally bought it from T-Mobile to use on their GSM network. When I bought it, he had had to request from T-mo that it be unlocked - and they unlocked it (after verifying that he was no longer under contract with them or still owed them money). After that, I was able to activate it with StraightTalk as a CDMA device (for which they use Verizon’s network). Works great.

You speak the truth. A genuine Verizon iPhone 6s is compatible with all the US GSM and CDMA networks. I’ve got a 6 Plus that I’ve used on several GSM and CDMA networks. Thanks, Apple.

However, I have on e quick note of caution. There are other sellers of iPhones out there in the world who sell iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s varieties that are GSM-only. So watch out!

One last suggestion - get the 64 GB (or more) model if at all possible and within your budget. An iPhone with 16 GB is very limited (I speak from experience).

Happy Wooting!

Since this is a thrifty bunch, I thought I would mention that this phone is listed as compatible with Sprint which is running a free year of service promo. You do pay taxes and it has to be on auto pay, plus you have to port in a phone number. I might be trying it out. After the year is up, it’s $60 a month so put it on the calendar if you need to port out before that price change.

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offers/free-unlimited.html

This is a great deal - I love my 6S refurb from an eBay dealer.

HOWEVER - As this is the #1688 VERIZON model, while it works on GSM (ATT, T-Mobile), it is missing one of the major LTE channels which may be a factor in a large city where LTE is the most common use. So - I would not say it is 100% compatible with the GSM carriers. My previous iPhone was a Verizon phone and I found dead spots here in L.A. (on ATT) that should not have occurred.

I had to hunt a bit to find the model 1633 which has ALL the channels. For some reason, the 1688 is the most common one found on the refurb sites.

yep unlocked GSM.

This is a model A1688 which is a GSM used for and by Verizon and will work with Verizon and all the flow down carriers as well like StraightTalk and so forth. You can purchase with confidence it will work with Verizon…just Bing search A1688 and that should give you a bit more confidence, believe me I understand the hesitance.

Not an iPhone, but we got a Samsung Note 3 a while back and when they said “scratch and dent” they meant it. The screen and lens were fine but the case had a lot of damage.

This is the 3rd phone I have purchased through woot.

1. An iPhone 5s in December, still works fine.
  2. An iPhone 6 last month that I had to return to woot, without a problem, for a replacement. The replacement is working fine.

Not much hassle for phones that are in good condition, and a good alternative IMO to paying full price.

Yes, I’m replying to my own post :slight_smile:

I ordered the phone yesterday, delivered today. Works great.

Sorry, I’m posting after midnight