Apple iPhone 8 (S&D)(Fully Unlocked)

Apple iPhone 8 (S&D)(Fully Unlocked)

Has anyone actually ordered one of these scratch and dent iPhones before? What kind of condition do they usually come in?

2 Likes

I did the last time it was offered. The 8 I received was flawless, a 10:10. Battery life was 100%.

IDK if that’s typical, but if I needed another 8, I’d buy one of these Woot specials.

2 Likes

I got an iPhone 7 a month or so ago. Cosmetic condition was 8/10 and battery capacity was at 83%. Within a week the battery capacity was down to 82%. Then the bottom half of the screen froze and I couldn’t do anything. It was within the 30 day warranty so Woot took the return immediately. I’ve purchased four refurbs over the years (only one from Woot) and I’ve returned two of them. The price is worth trying one to see if you get lucky.

1 Like

I bought a 7 one time and the microphone didn’t work. Sent it back and haven’t tried again.

I bought a 6S a couple of years ago. The first one looked good, but as someone else mentioned the mic did not work. Sent it back and they replaced it and I’m still using today. The battery was in the mid 80’s% condition, but it was during the time Apple was doing $19 replacements, so my plan was to replace it anyway. Haven’t decided whether to try one of these are not. I check Apple’s supply of refurbs from time to time as well. https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/iphone

2 Likes

The first rule of apple store refurbs is we don’t talk about apple store refurbs.

1 Like

I bought a 128GB 7 a couple months ago to replace my iPhone 6. Condition was 9/10 and battery was 88%. Happy with it, but I bought an 8 about a month ago when they had them. Condition was 8/10 and battery was 90%. I like the wireless charging.

In both cases, I popped in my Verizon SIM and was up and running with no activation fee. Good thing, as Apple is not rolling the new 13 release to the 6.

1 Like

I ordered one of these (a refurb) about a month ago - cosmetically it was great, the battery was at 92% and overall I’m very happy with it. I was kind of surprised, as I expected some level of crappiness, but that didn’t turn out to be the case.

1 Like

I bought an iphone 7 a couple weeks ago. the body had dings on all corners, but any case would cover these up. The screen looked perfect… but… big butt… the screen was definetely an aftermarket one- digitizer and lcd too. The colors were dull and it wasnt nearly as bright as my old iphone SE. the screen is pretty responsive, but struggles when the phone is laying flat on a table for some reason. Once in a great while the screen will shake on me for a second. Yesterday the screen would not respond to my touch so i had to hold vol down and lock for a while to reboot it, then it was ok. Woot was nice enough to give me a $40 discount on the phone, so i paid $195 for a 128gb iphone 7. Over all im pretty happy but if these screen issues get worst, I’ve got to send it back. Battery life was around 90% at first, 89% now, a couple weeks later. I was very happy that I didnt have to call straight talk at all, i just popped my sim into it and it worked. phew!

1 Like

Does it have apple care?

The only available color is Black, but isn’t iphone 8 only comes in space gray, gold and silver?

I forgot to check woot today. Woot facebook made post. I said “I haven’t been disappointed yet, lets see what they got.” and here we are.

How do you measure battery %? do you use an app or just by using it and seeing how long it takes to drain?

Battery life, check under Settings>Battery>Battery Health

Headphone included? Is the lightning cabel and Adapter Apple brand?

Black = Space Gray

Apple marketing sometimes isn’t great at deciding whether to call the phones space gray or black so we went the one that is more literally descriptive. But don’t worry, if you see one on the Apple website or somewhere else showing “space gray” … it’s the same color as the one’s we’re selling.

What’s the return policy on the phone?

I’ve been here over 10 years and this is my first S&D purchase. I am crossing my fingers that I get lucky, my 5s is slowly dying…

Here’s our return policy: