Apple iPhone X (Your Choice Carrier) (S&D)

Apple iPhone X (Your Choice Carrier) (S&D)

I’m confused. Is this the same as this?
https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-Fully-Unlocked-64GB/dp/B077578W38/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=iphone%2Bx&qid=1576656636&sr=8-3&th=1#renewedProgramDescriptionBtf

Some of the reviews are identical but this Woot one is “scratch and dent” but also “refurbished” whereas the Amazon link is for “Amazon Renewed.”

So are they generally in worse condition than this description of Amazon Renewed?

Amazon Renewed is your trusted destination for pre-owned and refurbished products that are inspected and tested to work and look like new. A Renewed supplier who is Amazon-qualified and performance managed, but not Apple certified, performs a full diagnostic test, replaces any defective parts, and thoroughly cleans the product. Any repairs are made with Apple components that are new, or reused and in like-new condition. The products will have minimal to no signs of wear, no visible cosmetic imperfections when held 12 inches away, batteries with at least 80% capacity relative to new, and may arrive in a brown or white box with relevant accessories (no headphones included) that may be generic.

What recourse do I have it arrives with significant scratches or lousy audio or whatever?

No, renewed is not the same as S&D. Renewed promises a refurb that can, in some cases pass as a new/excellent condition product. These from Woot promise to have physical imperfections but work 100%. Since it’s an Amazon company, if you receive a lemon, I’m sure returns will be easy.

1 Like

This isn’t exactly accurate. I had purchased an iPad once that was S&D. The dent was so bad that there was no way it would keep anything out (dust, water, any dirt, etc.) It also wasn’t working. They had no replacement, and they hadn’t sold out, so I was left with a refund as the only option. These are a crapshoot at best. I’m sure most people have had little to no issue, but I’m not chancing anything S&D by Woot/Amazon.

I bought my iPhone 6S as an S&D. It looks pretty good but the mic would not work(had it tested at the Apple store). They did replace it, but lost a week in the shuffle. I noticed that 20% of the reviews were 1 star, so I’m making a wild guess that the 20% could be an estimate of the totally dissatisfied rate.