Apple iPod 30GB Video

Sounds like you’re not really getting iTunes… it is drag and drop. You just have to import the songs into itunes first, which is about as hard as putting on a CD.
Whatevs-- different strokes for different folks.

You can get a Toshiba drive for it on ebay and bump it up to 60gb. You also have to get a new back for it, as the 60gb won’t fit inside the casing. That’s sold on ebay as well. It’s pretty neato because all the parts and stuff are pretty easy to get hold of once the warranty has gone out. It’s not hard to replace stuff inside it, either. And coverflow sounds and looks a lot like Zune software, if you’re into M$ stuff.

i think there is a simple program that allows you to drag and drop onto an ipod. My GF wants one of these but I’ll wait for a zune or zen if they get them in.

Thanks, I will pass, I fi really want a r e f ur b, I would get it from Apple directly.

For those concerned about battery life, the problem is not getting a used battery, it’s getting an old battery, as li-ion batteries tend to lose their capacity over time - and the clock ticks as soon as the battery leaves the factory (see the first table on this page)

I bought this off Woot a couple of weeks ago. I love it. Battery is fine on mine and does everything my boyfriends IPOD does. Very happy with the purchase!

I bought mine refurbied off the bay 2 years ago. It was great, and probably acquired the same way woot got these. Me thinks if you got a bad one, call apple and talk to them. It may get you nowhere, but at least you’re not out in the cold. I also STRONGLY advise trying to get ahold of woot. From other wooters they seem to be handling returns/problems quite nicely. Are you sure you are using rma@woot.com to send the emails to?

Mine was replaced by an iPhone 3 weeks ago. Sold it used on the bay for 120. So this is a decent woot.

Informative article. Thanks!

Rockbox

Nope too overpriced. So far I’ve only bought Creative mp3 players and Sansa mp3 players.

Maybe I AM the only person left who doesn’t have an iPod! A question for those of you who do: a friend bought one and was annoyed that “the dock” didn’t come with it and was a seperate purchase. Is this an absolutely necessary piece of equipment for either data transfer or battery charging? Or does the included data cable take care of everything? I’m not really looking to start shopping for expensive accessories…

Agree^^^ (Crap part) Still wouldn’t buy one…Apple has a way of convincing people to pay too much. Wake up people

I’ve had my 80gb zune (which is black btw) for a few months, And I’m absolutely in love with it. I’ve used ipods before, and they aren’t horrible by any standards, it is just that I prefer the homebrew support for the device and other “custom” options like games and such that I can use with my zune. That, and I don’t have to shell out more $$ for the next generation of zunes… I just download the software update and get all the new features for free… and free is good ^^

Hey, folks at Woot! I loved the “Gorillas in the midst of fairies and space-PI” story, and the way it interfaced with today’s werewolf ballerinas. But, why did the the cowboy fairies use silver bullets against the Woot ad-copy writer? Shouldn’t they have been saving them for the werewolves?

Yeah, I don’t. I just buy the cheap Sansas they sell here on Woot. So, when you drop your MP3 player in the tub (like I did the other day), you are only out $10.

I finally caved in and bought this new after I was ANTI iPod/itunes for a couple years. I’m not really sure what other software people are using for their music but I love iTunes and this iPod and I have ALOT of music. Granted iTunes ends up owning all of your music but you can always get converters which are super easy to use and I think after using iTunes you won’t want to use any other software anyways. As far as battery life you should get a movie and about 45 mintues of music and with just playing music I’m not really sure. I’ve never had it die on me while just playing music. I have listened to it for about 3.5 hours straight on a motorcycle trip and still had battery left. It turns out buying this iPod was probably one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. I’ve had no problems with it but one thing I would say is get the face/screen protectors for it as soon as you get it so it won’t scratch.

*Yeah, I don’t. I just buy the cheap Sansas they sell here on Woot. So, when you drop your MP3 player in the tub (like I did the other day), you are only out $10. *

Why do you have your mp3 player with you in the bathroom with a filled tub? Or do I not want to know…

oh so true!!!

all you need is the USB for the transfer/charge… the dock looks nice but even with my iPhone, i dont use the dock… its more aesthetic than anything, this should come with all the means necessary for function

OR you can go a step further, the newest 80gb drive by Toshiba or Samsung are single platter designs, so you would not even have to swap out the back… Samsung makes a 60gb single platter unit also, and these are new drives, not pulls. Sure you can get a dual platter 60gb Toshiba, but it is almost as thick as a notebook drive, and yes, they sell the backs that have 60 or 80gb printed on them.
I’d prefer to keep the 30gb back, with an 80gb drive in it, let the thief move on to someone elses unit with the larger capacity printed on the back, and leave my ‘poor man’s’ unit alone.
Great price woot, $50 less than Apple’s site for a ‘reburf’ unit.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/
please get something that worth its price.