Apple iPod 30GB Video

Checkout sellout.woot.com. There’s a nice companion.

Must be pretty tough to get groceries to the car, huh?

Yeah! Nice allusion to Goldfinger.

This would be a good price, 2 years ago!

I prefer my 8 gig Nano for $140 brand new over this. An Ipod this big is not worth it unless it is an Ipod touch or 80 gig, and refurbished Ipod is as safe as giving teenagers a bottle of whiskey and keys to a corvette.

eeeep, heard way too many bad things about ipods from woot…

Good grief. What is this restaurant survey crap on the main page? Yeah, get $500 in coupons if you buy tons of other useless crap. C’mon woot, you’re better than that. Get rid of the crappy and deceptive advertising.

I got a refurb 4g iPod over two years ago. The battery will still last eight hours if I’m not dicking around with the volume or fast-forwarding & rewinding a lot.

With typical usage it’s closer to six. I do have it docked more than I probably should, and that doesn’t help battery life.

Good deal, but I already got my 3G.

In the past few years, yeah. When woot first started out they would offer killer deals on brand new HP/Apple iPods and they would sell out most quickly and everyone was happy. Those were the days.

Does anyone know if the ipod video player they have on sellout.woot is compatible with a 4gb ipod nano video?

awesome, the last good ipod. works excellently with rockbox too.

I bought one of these off of woot the last time that they were offered. I have had absolutely no problems what so ever. I too checked out Craigslist and Ebay but ended up buying one from Woot because of the warrantly that I knew that I would get from Woot, even if it was only for a short time. And the price difference was only slight but did not add up to be enough of a factor in the end because I know that Woot stands behind what they sell. The alternate options could not give me that same reassurance.

Now I know that there are more than enough people on here that will say that you should never buy a reconditioned piece of electronics and blah, blah, blah ( Insert your choice of the numerous different comments that people have already made in the time it took me to write this.) However, I have had nothing but good experiences with the refurbs that I have bought from Woot. This includes this Ipod as well as 2 other products ( a camera and satellite radio). All have worked just like new. (And the battery, by the way, has lasted just fine. ) So take the comments that are written on here with a grain of salt and make up your own mind.

Take care everyone.

-You can get these for about $150 elsewhere on the web (besides ebay or craigslist).
-Rockbox site says they’re supported

In for 1. Too late to regret now

Ahh iPods are over rated, and not worth the money. My sandisk that I got a year ago is still working like new.

i’m gettin on for me and one for the gf! sweet deal

Apple has 80 gig 6th Gen units respiffed for 40 bucks more. Plus free shipping!

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?sf=wHF2F2PHCCCX72KDY&nclm=FD5142C7

HOWEVER, there’s a big apple event slated for THIS TUESDAY, and the word on the street is that they are introducing a whole lot of new ipods (a nano with widescreen video, et al). All the mac sites (appleinsider, macrumors) have been reporting on it for weeks. So this could be TWO Generations old in less than a week.

In my experience (and this is experience, not opinion) good condition used items have held up much better than refurbished items. There is a reason why excellent condition used items fetch more on eBay and Amazon than factory sealed refurbs with warranties. A used item that has proven it works perfectly is a much better bet than a refurb no matter what the warranty. Every refurb item I have ever bought (and it has only been 2-3 items before I learned my lesson) broke magically between 3 and 6 months after the 90 day warranty was up but before my use time had paid itself back for the cost of the item. Usually they only have 90 day warranties anyway. About the only exception to all of this is Apple’s refurbs (the ones sold at their site) which carry 1 year warranties and industry leading quality. I’m not sure who refurb’d these and why they are not coming with a one year warranty.

How many of these you think woot has? Sayin, ya think it will still be around tomorrow morinin?

I have a NANO 4 GIG 3rd gen, and I’d rather have this one for room plus this will work on that player in the picture, nano won’t. Wanna trade?

NO I have silver 4gig 3rd gen Nano and only sound works, no video. Classic works fine, great player by the way!