Apple iPod 3rd Generation 8GB Nano

iPhone comes out on the 11th of July…

Thanks to both for the quick, informative replies. :slight_smile:

Just paid $195 for a 8GB Touch on eBay. This will be my first iPod ever owned and am looking forward to the device… not iTunes.

they say geniuses choose green

i bought 2 refurbed shuffles for kid’s bday… they’re in amazing condition, didn’t even look used, and a much better price

and yes, they come in an apple box (at least when you get them from apple, as i assume woot has done)

Don’t let iTunes scare you. I have not had one problem with it. And you can allow up to five computers to share your purchases. Enjoy your Touch!!!

The Apple.com deal is a much better way to go, not only is the refurb 149.99, right now the shipping is free and you can get tech support if you are having issues with your computers. So:

1 year warranty, Support >>>> $15 actual price difference.

Sorry Woot not this time.

iTunes isn’t that bad, but if you don’t like it Floola (http://www.floola.com/modules/wiwimod/) works great.

Mine came in a black cardboard box with apple ipod ear buds and usb cable. There were not scratches or marks of any sort. The battery was completely dead and it was running an old firmware. After charging and an update the things works as well as the new one I purchased for my wife.

I’ve been eyeing the nano for a while now but have always talked myself out of the purchase. During the past few days the urge to buy had been hitting me pretty hard and then…BAM…today they show up on sellout.woot! My defenses were down…my fiscally responsible mind didn’t even see it coming…

(Oh yeah, first woot for me…yay.)

If you don’t like to use the Apple software, you can use an open source software called Songbird to transfer it.

It’s like the firefox of ipod software.

http://getsongbird.com/

Yeah, a couple years ago I had to setup a podcast for the company I was working for. They bought me a refurb shuffle. My wife ended up stealing it from me, but it worked great. Couldn’t even tell it was a refurb, but most refurbs are like that. I bought a refurb SanDisk 1GB MP3 player from woot last year. Apart from the fact that it had the word “refurb” on the back, it worked fine.

ugh… the “respiffied” was Woot trickery… it has the word “R E F U R B E D” on the back… no spaces.

What, are you saying the device itself actually says REFURBED on the back of it?!?

yup, I got one of those as well. It was silver stick-on letters. Popped right off with careful application of my leatherman blade.

Wow, I didn’t know they did that. The refurbs from apple.com don’t have that do they?

So you don’t even get an Apple box at all with this?

Just got mine…It’s battery is as dead as a doornail…but also, even when it’s plugged in, it tries to boot up the OS and for a split second there is a welcom…and then it restarts to repeat the cycle. Oh joy, I get to take advantage of the 30 day limited warranty. :frowning:

Darius

P.S. did a search, and this problem most often appears to be caused by a bad logic board.

Ordered a Blue 8GB, received a Silver 4GB–two days ago. Have emailed service twice already with no response. Advertising one product and then shipping a different product is bad enough, but those things happen. Not responding to the customer is completely unacceptable.

Customer service was actually pretty good in responding to me.

During transit, I had found a better deal and it wasn’t a refurb, so I was told to refuse delivery, which I did, and I’ll get a full refund.

From reading the last few posts, sounds like I made the right choice.

I also got pretty much an instantaneous response from customer service, I had to pay for shipping, but that’s no worry, I work for a major shipping company (not UPS or DHL). Now that I’m getting a refund, I can buy more Woot shirts, I am always satisfied with my shirts.