Apple iPod Nano 8GB, 5th Generation

The reviews on Buzzillions for this one are in the 4.5 to 4.7 range. That’s real good.
http://www.buzzillions.com/x/s?N=4294811422&D=x&cat=&extra=all-product&Ntt=Apple+iPod+Nano+8GB%2C+5th+Generation

So far, I don’t think this is compatible with Rockbox. There’s currently an unstable build for nano 2nd gen, and a stable build for nano 1st gen.

8GB is a perfect size

I’m just one man. Give me a break. They don’t even let me out for smoke break anymore. What do you expect?

C’mon woot…only $10 off the Apple.com price??
You can do better than that!!

And Apple offers the 16GB version for only $119.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod/ipod_nano?afid=p201|361116&cid=AOS-US-AFFC

Every woot item needs to be MORE than 10%off. Hell, Best Buy sends me 10%off coupons just about every week. You’re better than them, Woot!

It won’t.

Rockbox on the iPod Nano is only available for the first generation. There are plans to make it work on 2G Nanos, but nothing beyond that yet (due to firmware encryption).

edit…nevermind, it can’t:

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/IpodFAQ#Which_iPods_does_Rockbox_support

Who is that Angry Man???

ahem. The purple and the blue sure do look similar…woot.

“Lucky for you, silver, purple, pink, orange, green, black and blue all say really complimentary stuff, so those are the only colors we’re making available.”

When I was in school, they taught that the complimentary colors were orange, violet, and green. Nowadays it’s all “cyan” and “magenta” and “yellow.”

Yellow used to be a primary color. I wonder what it did to cheeze off the powers that be…

Yeah! What he said. I’ve never owned apple anything…but this is very tempting. I also want to know about more positive experiences from those of you who’ve done refurb apple nano or touches.
thanks.

Just to note: This does not come with a charger (no iPods do anymore), just a cable.

Since when did Fred Thompson cut an album?

I’ve got an iPod Classic and a 4th Gen Nano, and when I saw these (5th gen) I was very surprised. They do not have the matte aluminum finish that the other iPods have. It’s very shiny and smooth metal, and has a very different look and feel. Not a huge deal, but since many of us on Woot are very ahem detail oriented, I thought it would be a nice fact to share.

Did Woot! sign a contract with Apple? When can we expect to see iPhones and iPads for half price?

What is Rockbox…someone give the slow explanation please?

you can find an older iTouch on cragislist if you look.

if they are selling this for 99 direct from apple, just get it there or from your closest apple store. this is a CHOICE ipod tho…especially with the voice prompts.

Well, everybody knows I’m not getting this! I’ve been reading up on the iPod Touch and looking at the apps and think that I’m gonna’ go with a Sansa Fuze or a Zune and I’ll upgrade when I start going out and getting a little more active. (Still healing from a broken neck.)

similar thoughts exactly. where i am, the incredible is my option. with how far phones have come and for the price, i don’t see the point in dropping $100 on a device that can play music and record (crappy) video on a tiny (mediocre) screen. spend another $100 and get something that can do a helluva lot more.

Apple charges tax is Calif too.