Apple iPod Touch 5th Gen (S&D)

what comes in the box?
im sorry if i missed that but did not see it.

It’s in the product specs. But it’s a little vague…

In the Box:
Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation – Scratch & Dent (Your Color & Capacity)

I hope it at least comes with a charger + lightning cable.

Anyone have experience with “scratch & dent” products? That’s the only thing making me hesitate on this.

Hi,
I am buying this for my kids (7,9,11),sothey can facetime with their friends. What is the main difference between 4th generation and 5 generation that would make it worth spending the extra money ?
Thanks people.

The 5th generation was a major leap from the 4th generation. It has a larger screen, better cameras, updated processor, etc.

The things I would concern myself with the most are the OS and the hardware changes.

4th generation = iOS 6 (no further udpates)
5th generation = iOS 9 (same as current iphone)(not sure when updates will stop)

4th generation connector = 30 pin dock
5th generation connector = lightning

Personally I would go with the 5th generation just for the latest OS.

Note that this is a Woot scratch & dent. It will likely be dented and/or scratched. And the packaged contents are vague by not mentioning a charger or cable.

I took the plunge on a 64gb 5th generation.

[QUOTE=blewon, post:5, topic:507614]
The 5th generation was a major leap from the 4th generation. It has a larger screen,

Note that this is a Woot scratch & dent. It will likely be dented and/or scratched. And the packaged contents are vague by not mentioning a charger or cable.

Thank you very much for the answer.

Did you buy scratch and dent before, what was it like ?
I only did refurbished so far. Those were like new.

Were these refurbed by Apple or a 3rd party?
Apple has 32GB refurbs for 169.00 free shipping, that includes the cable and earbuds.

Third party.

[QUOTE=urslf]

I have never bought a scratch and dent before. I only mentioned it as a warning in case you didn’t notice it in the description. It seems to be hit or miss for me. I have bought refurbs before and they might as well have been new. And then some items are clearly refurbished.

For $20 more, you can get the 32meg black 5th gen refurbished by Apple. That way, you know you are getting everything (cables, chargers, headphones, etc…), and a full one year warranty, as opposed to the 90-day warranty you’d get here.

I may actually buy from apple in this case.

If I’m buying a refur’d touch, should I buy one here that’s labelled as part of a scratch n sent sale? Or should I pay $20 more for a refurbished 32gb version directly from Apple?

That’ a rhetorical question, esp since Apple replaces the glass, battery and switches when they return their units. I bought a refur’d 5th gen from Apple over a year and a half ago, and it looked and functioned LIKE NEW.

Well, looking at the iPod Touch 5th Gen I received in the mail, seems they sent a non-iSight version (no camera on the back). Yay, another screw up. Will have to beg for a return or partial refund. Who ever they got to fulfill these iPods is the worst.

I bought 2 of these for my kid’s Christmas Presents. One was awesome! The other was so dented and scratched that it looked like a failed outtake from a “Will It Blend” episode. The other issue is that the banged up one didn’t even have a camera on it (as advertised! Finally, although the website listed the earbuds that come with the iPod, neither of them actually had ear buds!

I just found out today (Christmas), so I’m really hoping Woot Staff can fix this issue!

Cheers!