Apple iPod Touch 8GB

Not such a great deal in my opinion. Apple has the same refurb at their site for $229 with free shipping and a one year Apple warranty, versus Woot’s 3-month 3rd party.

Yes. $229.99/$249.99 (depending on software version) from Apple including shipping and 1-year warranty, but most people will have to pay tax. Still think I’d prefer ordering one from Apple than take this woot!, though!

i feel like i will desperately need this after graduation, but i feel like i will also need more than 8 gigs of space if i ever travel. i’m sorry, sellout. today could have been our day.

60 days = 2 months

As pointed out by others, for $4.01 more you can get a refurb from Apple that comes with Apple’s 1 year warranty. though if you live in a state with sales tax, you’ll have to pay that as well when buying from Apple.

tax? most?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nplm=FA623LL/A

Plus you get a 1-year warranty on those…not bad for an extra $5.

Yeah, what he said.

My question is, does this price include the software update in January that added Mail, Maps, Stocks, Notes, and Weather apps to the iPod touch for $20? The $229 refurbs at the Apple Store don’t have it; the $249 refurbs do.

I figure most people who woot! a lot live in a state that has an Apple Store, so yeah. :slight_smile:

The wi-fi on this thing is pretty nice. I’ve played with one of these (not the refurbz, but still) and it’s quite fun to surf with in your living room (or assumedly, like a starbucks or something…

But as soon as these come out in much bigger sizes I’m totally getting one. I just can’t rationalize spending this kinda dough for 8-32GB stuff… once I can get an 80-100GB SSD touch with wifi, I’m in for anything under $500.

The real question is if this one has the original version of the software or the updated one with all of the apps. I would assume it has the older software when considering the pricing trends of the other Apple stuff they’ve sold (Mac Mini and such). Considering the one-year and warranty and free shipping through apple, I would probably just pay the $229 if you wanted one that badly. Too bad Apple can’t let go of the death grip they have on their pricing (even here on Woot).

screenshot looks awfully blue in both cases, do they not reproduce colors correctly?

Apple iPod Touch 8GB
$219.99 + $5 shipping

condition:
Refurbished
product:
1 Apple iPod Touch 8GB - MA623LL/A

This thing has more capacity than my Asus Eeepc… So for me, it’d almost be an upgrade.

8gb is nothing, and it’s not expandable.

Naff.

don’t forget to unlock you iTouch at http://www.ziphone.org/

so i’m on sellout.woot on my ipod touch, looking at a picture of an ipod touch that is on sellout.woot…
it boggles the mind and warps the reality…

seriously, though, i got the iPod Touch when it came out, and although I have been satisfied with everything it offers (other than capacity), in the end you will wish you got the iPhone instead. It’s dumb to use a separate phone and iPod, but more than that, the iPhone has bluetooth, a microphone, and speakers. you would never really think about the speakers, but it means that you can actually show things to your friends without needing headphones. and an unlimited data plan for a fairly low price? my biggest complaint about my iPod Touch is that it’s not an iPhone.

That’s trippy man.