Apple Lightning to USB Cable - 3 Pack

We’ve had good luck with 10 foot MFi-certified (Official Apple certification/margin-extraction process) cables from Mota (Groupon) and Aduro (Staples). Both solid and working well after a year or more. I think we paid $15 or less. Not sure those prices/sources are still available but I believe both brands are available on mother Amazon.

Having used non-Apple sourced but still MFi-certified cables from reputable alternative brands for several years, our experience:

Apple cables break just as soon as the good alternatives. While we like the softish cable coating/insulation, it does not seem to be all that durable, breaking at the joint with the connectors.

It is surprising Apple demands high quality in the core electronics, but goes flimsy on cables.

I bought two packs of these last time they were on sale. All four of them failed to charge my phone or pad, and a warning would pop up on the screen that they were not compatible with the device to be charged.

At least they were cheap enough to throw away and replace with actual Apple charging cords that actually work.

Again ? How many times is WOOT going to flog these things ? They must be really popular or they bought way to many of them. In general the WOOT stuff can be a good deal, but some of this stuff you see every week. Anyone remember the water purification guy drinking from the stream though a straw ? And do they know that GARAGE SALE usually means stuff on sale cheap, not the same stuff at the same price.

I cannot speak to the ones available on Woot today, but the Anker ones that I linked to above have the same dimensions on the end that fits into the phone. My wife has a case that narrows right at the charger port, also, and she can use the Anker cables without a problem. We have had problems with some off-brands being too fat at the end for our cases, and it is very annoying when that happens!

I bought these the last time there were available on Woot, and they are not Apple certified products. Everytime I connect one to my iPhone 5 or my fiances iPhone 6 - pop up message saying this is not compatible with my device. I have to say I am very disappointed in these.

Thanks

A lot of people seem to be having issues with these. Must be time to switch to Android.

I ordered the two pack last time they were up. One is still working but the other started giving the error message and has now stopped functioning. And now I’m a little concerned after reading the comments about them overheating and catching fire. Gonna throw the other one out.

My Galaxy S6 charges just fine with any old micro USB cable. Same for the Droid Razr I had before that. If you have an iPhone, it would probably be a good investment to just buy a charging case so you could charge with regular USB cables.
http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Battery-Trianium-LIFETIME-WARRANTY/dp/B00NTCCHG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438790826&sr=8-1&keywords=mophie+iphone6

Yes you can. There is a lot of batch to batch (vendor to vendor?) variability. They seems high quality but generally don’t last too long. Read the review from people who have had them a few weeks. a 3ft one I bought has been great, a 6ft one frayed within one week.

Bought a number of Anker microUSB cables and chargers and been very impressed. They are my go to company for cables now.

I bought three of these last time - same ad - all are Apple brand bulk packaging.

Consider this: I bought 2 genuine Apple lightning cables RETAIL packaging from the Apple store at Valley Fair Mall in San Jose/Santa Clara - Apple’s friggin’ back yard. THOSE cables will randomly say “not compatible” - seems to be a firmware quirk?

These cables work identically the same to my original Apple cables; they too will randomly say ‘not compatible’.

So - I’d buy them again if I needed them because clearly even genuine Apple cables from the Apple store will do this.

Forgot to mention - even the cable that came from the factory with my new iPhone 6 does this.

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Apple-Certified-Lightning-Cable/dp/B00NH12YN0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438814542&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+iphone+cable

Someone mentioned above but its cheaper because of the free shipping and they have great reviews, and amazon also stands behind EVERYTHING

Bought the 3 pack for 19.99 without seeing the forum. The cables come without retail packaging, but wrapped up with a plastic sleeve. They are hit and miss with charging our 2 iPhone 5 and a 2 year old iPad. Sometimes when using them I’m getting the message they won’t work and they won’t charge. Have not had one overheat yet … but watching for that.

Hi!
Exactly 3 months ago, I got this product from you.
Unfortunately one of my cables stopped working yesterday and I want to use my warranty, but I’m not sure how to do this.
Could you please tell me how I could use my apple warranty?
Best,
Edith

A quick Google pulled up this info: http://www.apple.com/support/contact/