Apple Macbook Pro Blowout Bonanza

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Apple Macbook Pro Blowout Bonanza
Price: $899.99 - 1049.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Sep 18 to Tuesday, Sep 19) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Apple Macbook Pro Blowout Bonanza) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Apple Macbook Pro Blowout Bonanza) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Apple - Google Shopping Macbook Pro Blowout Bonanza)

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy any extended warranty on a refurb? (Like an apple care?)

Apple must make some pretty special stuff, when folks are willing to pay top dollar for 4 generation outdated technology. Amazing.

To be fair, the 4th gen i7 isn’t much less powerful than the 7th gen. Intel asleep at the wheel makes this a decent “bargain” compared to apples newer models. Not that I’d buy one!

Apple won’t touch these. I inquired last year.

I’d say, but I paid twice this for, as mentioned not much more powerful later generation MacBook Pro.

I was a die hard Windows user for years until I switched to Mac when they started putting out Intel systems.

I’ve never looked back. There are fantastic deals in the Windows world, but I have not had so few computer or OS problems since I left.

I have also kept a computer for 3-4 years, where in the Windows world I could never bear more than 2 years, even with upgrades and OS reinstalls.

I’ve also sold used Mac computers for well more than half what I paid years later. So, yes it’s special stuff. Not for everyone but some things can’t be compared on price alone. I feel that my time spent on dealing with issues is worth far more than the difference.

I just paid more than this for my iPhone 8+ pre-order :frowning:

Are there any reviews from wooters that have bought refurb Macs? Curious as to how “refurbed” they are. How bad are any blemishes?

Thanks for starting my day with a good chuckle. Bravo Woot writer, this line is epic…“or be popular at the coffee shop. If that’s you, a Macbook is right up your alley. Your lovely, glorious, silver-colored alley.”

I’ve bought several over the years for myself and family. They look and feel like new. And these are good choices; a MacBook Pro for under $1K? Nice. Plus these have the older good keyboards; much better for touch-typing than the newer models. They will all run High Sierra too.

I bought an apple referb that was a 2015 model for a lot more money than this one, and it was only one generation newer. This is a good deal, the only downside is it doesn’t have a warranty from Apple.

Apple macbooks don’t claim to be the fastest or most powerful laptops. The advantage of these computers is that they don’t get junked up and slow down because the OS is higher quality. You can use them for a long time. (Though, Microsoft OS 10 is a lot better, it seems to run faster on old hardware).

Over the long term a faster processor will help to keep them current. We have an older macbook and each new OS does make it run slower.

Typically, the parts that could be ‘scratched or dented’ are replaced when they are sent to Apple to be repaired. When you buy a refurb, most times you will not be able to tell the difference between that unit, and a brand new one. This is how I have been buying computers for 15 years. I have NEVER had a problem with a refurb unit. It is a great way to save money.

[MOD: These are not Apple refurbished. There may be minor scratches or blemishes.]

Apple Care = No
SquareTrade = Yes*

*SquareTrade does not sell warranties for refurbished items direct to consumers. You must buy it through an authorized reseller. We are an authorized reseller. The link for SqTr is at the top of the features. If you’re not seeing it, move to a device that supports Flash.

I’m running a Mid 2012 MBP with that I got as refurb from Apple. It has been 5 yrs and it is still running good, except the battery is showing its age. Over the years I upgraded OSX as it became available. Currently it is running Sierra. I switched the HDD with a SSD and it boots up in less than 10 second.

During last round of OSX update, some of the Early 2012 MBP models became obsolete. I’m crossing finger that this one will survive the High Sierra.

In any case, 5+ years on a $1300 notebook, I think it is well worth the money, not to mention stable OS, near zero crash, etc etc.

I used to be a Window user and I am still, but Mac will always be the 1st priority over any Window machine.

Apple-refurbished refurbs are just like new. I’ve bought several over the decades. These are NOT Apple refurbs , but are 3rd party refurbs. Usually they are graded, A or B, etc. Those are not like new. Expect some scratches and dents.

Having said that, when one buys a Mac, one should consider resale value when thinking about the true cost of ownership.

Just placed an order…can I wait until the system arrives and I confirm it’s not DOA before buying SquareTrade extended warranty protection? Or, if I buy SquareTrade now, can I get a refund on the warranty too, if the system is DOA on arrival?

And neither should you. None of their laptop screens support touch.

I can also attest to the longevity. I have a late 2012 Mac Mini on my home office desk that’s running Sierra fine. Granted, I updated it (immediately when I bought it in 2013) to 16GB of RAM, but still. It stays on all day and night as my primary work computer (running Office 2013, WebEx, etc…) and media server for our Apple TV. I have a feeling if I updated the drive to SSD, I could get another few years out of it easily - Not bad for 600 bucks.
Whoever got the deal for the 15 inch model is lucky.
My only complaint on newer models is that you can’t update the RAM, so buying refurbs has you locked in.