Apple Pencil Case (Your Choice of Color)

Apple Pencil Case (Your Choice of Color)

Quite possibly the most useless accessory for an accessory that Apple has ever sold. “Apple Pencil Case.” That’s it. A light leather sheath for the Pencil version 1 (version 2 is a bit shorter, so will fit and leave < 1" of space). You ought to be able to attach a Pencil 2 magnetically to your iPad to charge; it clung to my iPad Mini but the width of the case makes it awkward to carry that way.

One feature of note: the tip is reinforced, a little like a steel-toed boot. Clearly, this case is intended to protect the Pencil’s tip in transit. The entire case is not so rigid that it will protect the Pencil from being bent or snapped. That’s worth $6 ain’t it?

I think the use model here is that if you use your $130 MSRP Pencil “bareback” (no cover), this is a nice way to protect it in a book bag, briefcase, purse. I use an Elago cover so this is purely a curiosity, though it will hold my Wacom Bamboo stylus. If you have a nice pen or stylus about the size of the Apple Pencil, this is a nice little scabbard for your digital sword.

1 Like

It’s true - Many later iPads would use a later version of the pencil anyway, plus the discrepancy in size is NOT a wonderful thing.

But I do agree, for $6, this is a nice way to protect the stylus tip when throwing in a backpack, or whatever bag. I have only second gen pencils, but I have these cases (purchased on Woot) just for the sake of safety during travel.

1 Like

the discrepancy in size is NOT a wonderful thing

:+1: For some people the longer stylii feel like drawing with chopsticks.

1 Like

Ironic that you say that, because we primarily use chopsticks in my house :wink:

2 Likes

I now have them in Blue and Product(red). (Not Apple’s diarrhea brown, never buy that.) Original MSRP appears to have been $29.99 back in 2018, 2019. (Wow. These have been around a while.)

2 Likes