Apple TV 4K

Apple TV 4K

17% Discount

If you’re using Login with Amazon, look for the “Use this address” button. Once you click/tap that, the checkout page will continue loading and the discount will be shown on the subtotals on the right.

1 Like

Since this is new and warrantied by Apple, does it come with the free 3 month subscription to Apple TV+?

Not showing the extra 17% off using the woot app in checkout.

[MOD: If using Login with Amazon, look for a “Use this address” button. Click/tap that and the order page will continue loading to show the discount on the right.]

5 Likes

Mine did come with an extra discount, got it for $106

The newest generation(5th gen) is only $25 more for HD and $50 more for 4K than this listing price, on the mothership. The biggest bonus of the newest being the updated Siri remote. You can purchase the new Siri remote for about $60 so it makes a lot of sense to just get the newest. This is coming from someone who currently owns this 4th gen Apple TV.

5 Likes

Aside from Apple Store access and Siri, can anyone kindly compare the virtues of AppleTV 4K or other with Roku Ultra (their fastest but $40 cheaper) or Amazon FireTV 4K version? What does it do uniquely that compels consideration?

My own experience with Roku Ultra and a Fire TV 2nd gen (2nd fastest processor relative to Cube 2) is the Ruku Ultra was discernibly faster in menuing, loading, and accessing non Amazon Prime channels. Reviews I read said same. I prefer the Roku interface as did the reviewer. I do use Amazon’s interface for Watchparties.

some of it is good ole apple tax, paying more for less when it comes to apple. There is roku programming which has a larger and open library of content, The ultra also has bot wifi and an ethernet port. Should you misplace the remote, there is a remote finder button that gives a slight beep noise increasing in volume until you find the remote. The roku comes with a 4-5 hdmi cable and a set of JBL earbuds that plug right into the remote. Both have audio enhancements for dolby atmos

Im know the roku is rock steady, Im confident the apple does too. I am a non-apple fan.

2 Likes

I am not an Apple fan and generally dislike their products and marketing. With that said, after trying Chromecasts, Rokus, Fire TV Cubes (1st and 2nd Gen), I ended up buying an Apple TV 4k (same as what is being sold here) and loving it. Why? Because it works, always, almost frustratingly so. It’s also fast and has excellent picture quality.

Why did I buy it in the first place? I have an LG C6 from 2016, one of the very first OLEDs to support Dolby Vision (and sadly one of the last for 3D). The original version of Dolby Vision was a hardware solution capped at 30Hz while at 4k. The newer version is software based and can exceed the original 30Hz, but my TV does not support this. The Apple TV 4k was the ONLY streaming device that could support the original Dolby Vision implementation at 4k. It also helps that it supports my Atmos soundbar and it was easy to setup.

I do dislike having an Apple ID, which Apple likes to randomly lock since I don’t have any other Apple products. They clearly expect you to live the iLife and it’s a pain with the Apple ID and no iPhone or iTunes use. Also the remote trackpad is horrendous.

Overall, as much as I loathe to say it, this is the best streaming device I’ve ever bought. It just works exceptionally well 99.999% of the time and fits my very specific use case. So much so I just bought the 2021 version just to get the WAY better remote.

1 Like

I have two of these Apple TV 4K streamers. I got them for a really great price but I do recommend upgrading to the newest gen 2 remote which is a game changer. This is by far the best streaming device in the market. Very fast and reliable.

Do those others have Dolby Atmos support? Cause the appletv does.

I didn’t get the extra 17% off and order been placed. Please assist what I should do.

Mine isn’t either.

Did you purchase from the Woot app?

Yes I did. No extra discussion shown even placed order

Hi there, if you haven’t already done so please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

I checked and it shows up as a $20.40 Prime discount. I wonder if you need to be a Prime member?

Alright. See if it will help

Oh, it had to be a prime member to get the 17% extra discount? I’m not though

The listing does not specifically say that, but that is how the discount showed up in my cart. Woot needs to clarify.
Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 5.50.56 AM

It didn’t say it was Prime only. Contact customer support and explain you purchased the item through the app and didn’t receive the discount. They should be able to help.