Apple Watch Link Bracelet

Apple Watch Link Bracelet

2 Likes

pulpwatch

5 Likes

$200 is a smoking dope price for a watch band. This is not jewelry. It’s for a smartwatch. Expensive “jewelry” watches are analog, non-smartwatches.

I only paid about $300, new, for the watch, a Series 7, 45mm, cellular… and that included a “$50” watch band?!?

5 Likes

Pretty good price considering Apple is now charging $450 each. I got a couple “Used - Like New” for a bit less fr Amazon. (First one, some dope had substituted links from a 42mm bracelet so the links didn’t match up.) Was poised to order here if the second one from Amazon turned up faulty/incomplete/defective.

I concur that this is worth a premium price … perhaps not Apple Tax (full price) premium, but still. Unlike cheaper bracelets, this one is nearly over-engineered per Apple practice. One, the removable links are disconnected by a wholly internal mechanism triggered by a button on the underside, similar to the Apple Watch band release buttons. There are NO holes, pins, or mechanisms on the side of the bracelet, the sides of the links are entirely smooth. No tool is required, there are no locking pins to lose in the carpet. The butterfly clasp is manufactured with very tight tolerance, the entire mechanism is internal. Cheaper butterfly clasps will often have a center link that is outside the lock mechanism, adding bulk and thickness on the wrist. Some can be uncomfortable (imagine a penny squeezed against the underside of your wrist). Not the Apple clasp – this is on par with premium watch bracelets. You’d be forgiven for not noticing until you hold it in your hands along with a cheaper equivalent.

The space black finish is brushed, very fine texture; the edges are glossy. Shape and size are roughly the same as the Apple Leather band for Apple Watch. Overall the bracelet is pretty light and comfortable to wear when sized properly.

Q: Does anyone know how many removable links are included? I got one with 10 removable links, 5 each side … just want to make sure I wasn’t shorted any included ones (38mm M/L bracelet). TIA.

8 Likes

Totally agree, Link Bracelet is something I’ve been wanted since 2015 but can’t justified paying the full price for it. It’s a small engineering marvel.
I got it from mothership Warehouse, cheaper but still considerable amount. woot’s price is good for brand new.
If you’re satisfied with cheaper bracelet then by all means go for it. But holding it on hand in Apple Store will change a lot of minds about this.
Also, unlike the watch itself, a good metal watch band can last you 5 maybe even 10 years.

6 Likes

I think 5 each side is correct.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, holding one in person may convince fence-sitters that it’s worth, well, something more than just $50 like a knockoff would cost. Have worn it a few times in the last week and like it almost as much as Apple’s Leather Link Strap (also very comfortable wearing).

3 Likes

dragons' den no GIF by CBC

1 Like

Spigen has a great version of this for just under $25 at the mothership—it’s on my wrist presently and fits well. It’s a pretty typical stainless steel version — nearly as cheap as the made up name Chinese versions that seem to rotate through regularly but of actual quality. Pins for the links are solid and the package came with the link decoupler and extra links.

3 Likes

Have been wearing Seiko’s for decades and love them.
They make a great metal band. Can see paying extra, just not this much.

1 Like

It was worth the $170 I paid at the mothership, Used Like New. First one I received, some hoser had swapped in links from another in the larger size so the links didn’t match up. Pfft. Second one, I won the lottery. It really is finer quality than cheaper bracelets, but I wouldn’t take it swimming or backpacking. It’s dressy. Great under a dress shirt cuff, there are no overlapping segments like the Apple Leather Link strap (which I also like very much.)

The links have NO holes or adjustment parts on the edges, the edges are an unblemished, polished PVD finish. It’s all self-contained in the links. Very nice, precision engineered. Also precision engineered, the butterfly clasp. It folds almost entirely into itself, with no protruding buttons or center link like cheaper ones. Find my review on Amazon for a video. It’s really a premium bracelet compared with more economical third party bracelets. Not sure I’d pay $350 or $450 for it (I’m not a Rockefeller), but the woot price is a bargain IMHO.

May not be mentioned in product literature, but the package includes a little velveteen bag to put spare links into. It’s flat, will fit in a men’s or ladies’ jewelry box easily.

2 Likes

do they not have any 45mm left? dont see an option for it.

Just this size for this round:

1 Like