Apple Watch Series 3 (Your Choice) (S&D)

Apple Watch Series 3 (Your Choice) (S&D)

Can these be used with the cellular option completely independent from a phone? I mean completely… up front configuration, ongoing configuration, etc.

I’m looking for simple watch phones for my kids who don’t otherwise have mobile phones.

Yep.

1 Like

Pssst - They want to do EVERYTHING without a phone. That guide is assuming that one got past the initial setup.

1 Like

:point_up: What he said.

:w_tongue:

Ah yeah. Its not a question of being away from their phone. The watch is intended to be their phone. No one in our family has an apple phone at all.

Just got one these in ma boc… No iphone, but it sure looks neato!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. I’m not sure. @Froodyfrog or @Narfcake might know. They’re smarter than me on these things.

I’m leaning towards no though.

So…

I’m seeing mixed results, though they might be compatible with each other after all.

According to one place, you can use Family Sharing, though somebody would need an iPhone to begin with, as shown here.

On the other flipper, even if you could set up an Apple Watch without an iPhone, you’d be significantly limited as to what you can do with, as many critical features are dependant on some kind of connection to an iPhone.

@mrsnedburns - I hope that this somewhat helps.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

1 Like

DO NOT BUY.

This watch is now End of Life.

Buy any other newer watch (including the SE).

The 90 day warranty does not give me the warm fuzzies about buying this refurbished from woot, however, that’s a part of the reason that the watch is cheaper than buying from Apple; after 90 days you’re on your own for any issues you might have (honestly - with the stories I’ve read in multiple different comment sections when these watches come up for sale I’d just buy direct from Apple - it might be more money but you’ll get a 1 year warranty on the device).