Apple Watch Series 3 (Your Choice) (S&D)

Apple Watch Series 3 (Your Choice) (S&D)

DO NOT BUY.

This watch is now End of Life.

Buy any other newer watch (including the SE).

The 90 day warranty does not give me the warm fuzzies about buying this refurbished from woot, however, that’s a part of the reason that the watch is cheaper than buying from Apple; after 90 days you’re on your own for any issues you might have (honestly - with the stories I’ve read in multiple different comment sections when these watches come up for sale I’d just buy direct from Apple - it might be more money but you’ll get a 1 year warranty on the device).

Bad Reviews

Good Reviews

If you buy one of these watches, and if you can, please come back and reply to this comment with the condition of the watch. I’d like to be sure I’m presenting both good and bad cases.

1 Like

Anyone know if you get the GPS+ cellular; do you have to activate the Cellular with your carrier?
Can I just keep it as an option in case I want to activate it with my cell provider?
I know if I add it on, it will cost just as much as if I added another phone.

Just wants to know because it’s only $10 more for the GPS+ Cellular and was thinking why not for just 10 bucks more…. But not if it has to be activated

I want to try it first before committing to something like a cellular watch.
Anyway, thanks in advance for any help or knowledge you can pass along.

1 Like

My wife has a tablet with a cellular card for data access. And yes, that cellular card had to be activated on our phones-plan; the tablet has its own phone number. REALLY not clear what functionality makes SENSE for cellular data on a watch (it doesn’t, really). But yeah, if it’s cellular and it isn’t enabled, it does nothing AT ALL for you.

I’ve had watches with cellular capabilities, and they can be used without activating the cellular component.

Some people want to go places without their phone, but still have the ability to make phone calls.

A watch with its own line would help.

If your watch has a microphone and speakers, or a jack for headphones-with-microphone, go for it…

The Apple Watch 3 has a mic and speaker.

Enjoy.

Valentines Day Love GIF

1 Like

It’s $10 to add the cellular Apple Watch on my plan with t-mobile.
The cool functionality that makes it well worthwhile, in my opinion, and will keep me sticking to the cellular versions of the Apple Watch as I upgrade down the road: When you are within range of your phone and on Wi-Fi, you can answer phone calls quite well, and receive and respond to text messages sent to your phone—until the battery dies, or you drop out of Wi-Fi.
The cellular add-on allows this functionality to continue - so, even though my watch technically has its own phone number, it can continue to keep me In touch with communications to my phone number and can even dial out under the phone’s caller id.