Apple Watch Series 6 (Your Choice) (S&D)

Apple Watch Series 6 (Your Choice) (S&D)

Be sure you know what Watch features you need/want.

This used Woot Watch 6: (90 day warranty)

40mm $260
44mm $290

Brand New from Apple, Watch SE: (1-year Apple warranty)

41 mm $279
44 mm $309

Can pretty regularly find the latest Watch 7, brand new for close to: (today at Woot’s mother, Amazon)

41 mm $330
44 mm $360

Admittedly, feature-wise, the Watch 6 is closer to the Watch 7 than it is to the Watch SE. Depends somewhat on how much “new” vs “used” is worth to you.

Note: if you want/need the cellular radio version (so you can make/receive calls without your phone on you), the up charge of $30 for this deal seems cheap… assuming you don’t mind paying your carrier another $10/month for the service.

2 Likes

And now we get to a watch that’s newest of out this woot’s offerings; out of the four offered for sale IF I were purchasing any of them I’d buy this one (honestly - with the stories I’ve read in multiple different comment sections when these watches come up for sale I’d just buy direct from Apple - it might be more money but you’ll get a 1 year warranty on the device). This was release in 2020 and, out of the watches offered, should recieve the most updates (based on Apple’s history of supporting devices).

(Look at the release dates vs the End of Life Dates)

The 90 day warranty does not give me the warm fuzzies about buying this refurbished from woot, however, that’s a part of the reason that the watch is cheaper than buying from Apple; after 90 days you’re on your own for any issues you might have (honestly - with the stories I’ve read in multiple different comment sections when these watches come up for sale I’d just buy direct from Apple - it might be more money but you’ll get a 1 year warranty on the device).

Unfortunately, buying this deal’s Watch 6 new, direct from Apple is no longer an option. Apple currently sells the Watch 3, SE, and 7.

Irritatingly, frustratingly, inexplicably, Apple’s normally excellent Compare page sucks for the Watch models. It only includes the currently available Watch models. Whereas, the iPhone and iPad Compare pages include all currently supported models. How is someone who owns a still supported, but not currently sold Watch model supposed to decide whether to upgrade? Conclusion: Apple believes those comparisons would discourage current Apple Watch owners from upgrading!

That’s a lot of bold text.

As of this post, there is 1 refurbished Apple Watch 6 available, though it’s the GPS + Cellular making it much more expensive than this listing here:

I always strive to bold-face models in prose, to make them stand out and make it easier for folks looking for model-specific observations. And in this case emphasized Apple’s odd website inconsistency.

Perhaps I should have bold-faced and italicized “new” in my comment about Apple no longer selling the “Watch 6 new”, for you.

Ok.

What is actually being sold here? Sapphire Crystals come with Steel/Titanium cases. IonX Crystals come with Aluminum.
This listing shows Sapphire + Aluminum, which isn’t something Apple makes.
@ThunderThighs?

Thank you. They’re relisting it corrected.