Appsclusive and Weekend App Crap Reactions

So my team is working on getting discussions into the forums for Appsclusives. In the meantime, though, I have a strong need to discuss some of these products. Today’s deal is a great example.

https://www.woot.com/offers/tonha-portable-plug-in-heater-fan

I mean, let’s pick these product images apart a little…

Is it really safe to have what one of my engineers has described as a HURRICANE OF FIRE pointed at you while clotheless in the shower? Why is the device attacking that woman sleeping? And what on earth is that guy watching on that TV? SO MANY QUESTIONS.

On the plus side, it is Blowing Strongly. So there’s that.

5 Likes

He’s clearly watching a spycam he’s using to creep on his young neighbor.

1 Like

Are we sure those heaters aren’t possessed by demons? Maybe they’re gradually stealing the souls of the people in the photos and replacing them with their own… whatever demons have. All I know about demons I learned by watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. @wajeremy knows all about that.

1 Like

Reading: “Here, let me hold this paper next to the RED HOT flames coming out of my heater so I can light them on fire.”

1 Like

It reminds me of a Sentinel

…one that’s totally perving on a bunch of distracted ladies and elderly couple.

1 Like

They must be Dragon Ball fans.

1 Like

On a serious note, heat is a tough thing to photoshop in without looking hokey. Those images look hokey, they failed. A slightly better approach would have been something that didn’t look so much like flames. Such as:

I realize you are not after a serious response, but being a graphic designer, it presented a challenge. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well that was a fun weekend app crap! Glad we had a safeguard on zero price orders or we’d be getting some serious talkings to on Monday.

2 Likes

Also a non employee has to comment on those blue round ice cubes.

1 Like

Shoot. Got me all excited that this was some kind of a limited quantity reward for app users.

2 Likes

You mean those balls of blue?

2 Likes

Need me some blue balls ice molds! Oh wait, I already have 4 black ones =o

5 Likes

Just say it! I f’d up! I forgot to price them. I’m crying myself to sleep. Thank goodness for @davejlives for saving my ass and adding prices. to the items.

And :exploding_head: To the guy that accused me of bait-n-switch on Twitter. Look up the definition dude!!!

:sob:

2 Likes

2 Likes

i sobered up just in time after Wootball

3 Likes

Let me check with the sarcastic 9 ball:

Should we help @wajeremy with this discussion thread?

The ball has spoken.

1 Like

Because who doesn’t want a drinking bird.

3 Likes

I want a drinking bird but forgot to check the app until it was sold out. :frowning:

Ooops.