April Showers and ShirtStorms!

I’m so glad that Reading Rambo got the $10 treatment!

Did you know LeVar Burton is still doing the show? This was posted on Earth Day:

[youtube=w1l8HXa3HLk][/youtube]

Reading Rambo = instabuy

The person doing the write-up has clearly never read a Woot shirt tag: “Not for use as pants”

EDIT: Oh look, my computer glitched and posted again 7 minutes later. Isn’t technology wonderful?

Take a look, in a book! Filled with bullets and rainbows!

I want the 9 Lives one as a poster!

Reading Rambo should’ve been on the front page. So much awesome in one shirt shouldn’t be possible.

I’m a little sad this doesn’t come as a sleeveless tee, so I can show off my reading muscles.

The Reading Rambo design seems perfect for a tank top.

How did you guys get away with using not only his likeness but the Star Trek Starfleet emblem??!? That’s always been rejected in the past.

Also using a nearly identical logo to “Reading Rainbow” which has been a source for rejection before. Also, the use of a trademarked/copyrighted name by putting “Rambo” on there.

Intriguing.

EDIT: Also the fact that this shirt is no longer for sale because of something about PBS.

Yup, the Butterfly one by oneshoeoff was my all-time favorite Woot! shirt ever, I’m just sad that I only got it in a kids 4, which lasted one season on my then 2 y.o. son. I’m probably an awful mother for considering getting him this design now.
I’d really like to hear from the legal eggheads on the differences that make one design subject to retirement but not the other, you know, legally rather than any superficial reason I postulate. If it was just retired out of courtesy, then Woot needs to go back to PBS with a bigger fruit basket.

Yup, the Butterfly one by oneshoeoff was my all-time favorite Woot! shirt ever, I’m just sad that I only got it in a kids 4, which lasted one season on my then 2 y.o. son. I’m probably an awful mother for considering getting him this design now.
I’d really like to hear from the legal eggheads on the differences that make one design subject to retirement but not the other, you know, legally rather than any superficial reason I postulate. If it was just retired out of courtesy, then Woot needs to go back to PBS with a bigger fruit basket.

That shark in the Australia one looks weird; eye is in wrong place. Does that bother anyone else?

Excited to see 3/4 sleeve shirts, but disappointed that they aren’t available in women’s. Unisex ones just don’t look right on me. I would love to see that be a standard option on all shirts, one day.

Yeah, pretty weird… what a stupid tee 8)

If anything, that makes me want to buy Reading Rambo like, noi >.> I’m already bummed I missed out on the butterfly one.

Joined Woot just to get Reading Rambo. If copyright issues kill this shirt, I’m glad I got mine.

100% awesome.

probably because this one, from a trademark perspective, flies so much in the face of the marks (for likeness and whatnot) that it could be argued as a stronger representation of parody, whereas some other uses of design on shirts could have a weaker argument for parody; and they may have had more time to vet this with legal than say the shirt designs that come through the derby mill.
They probably think they can skirt away with this, but will probably succumb if one of the holders sends a CnD, but thats if the holder can argue it not being a parody in the letter.

i mean, cmon, geordi in a uniform using a machine gun a la john rambo-esque? probably will survive.

Wolf Moon on the back of a hoodie in a Full Moon sale, please ; )

Also, yeah Sloth.