Aqua Globe 5 Pack

These things work. I bought 3 for twice this amount on another site, so this is a good deal.
As for those complaining about having to “refill them daily” I’m not really sure what they’re using them for. These are for when you have to be away from home and can’t water the plants. If you are there daily to refill them, why are you using the globes at all?

I got these last time and they work pretty well as long as the dirt isn’t too compacted. If it is they get clogged.

What they are great for is fertilizing. I water as normal but fill theseup with a stronger concentration of fertilizer and it slowly gets released into the soil.

I believe that is what she said…

Also for the record, you dont get a choice!

the medium ones are fantastic and the mini ones are about the SAME FREAKING SIZE! hahaha!

a large aquaglobe is either really huge… or just slightly larger than medium…

Tip: To prevent a clogged tube and to allow the water to flow freely, first push a pencil/rod into the soil where you intend to put the aqua globe.

These work really well for keeping my tomato plants properly hydrated.

Wait, you tried to suck out the dirt and you got a mouthful of dirt and you’re surprised by this?

I stick the end in some water and swirl them around for a while. The dirt washes out. Then I don’t drink the water.

If you are getting dirt clogged in them, you are not following the directions that come with them. They specifically recommend putting your finger in the dirt to pre-“drill” a hole for these so they don’t get clogged. A small amount of dirt in them will not keep the water from trickling out. And if you’re silly enough to try to suck the dirt out with your mouth, then…well, I don’t think any of us can help you.

I don’t know how much water these things hold, but I have one in almost every houseplant I have (17 of them in all) My cat knocked over one and broke a big one, so it needs to be replaced. The large are a bit too big for regular houseplants, though it did work nicely in my umbrella plant.

I wanted some more smaller ones for my more delicate house plants. I love these stinking things… if I forget to water my plants don’t die on me. I live in a really dry climate (Arid Desert) so it is nice to not have to water by hand all of the time.

I especially like these for plants in higher spots because I am short and I hate busting out the step ladder to reach them!

the instructions indicate that the initial hle should be poked with a stick. but the tube does get clogged. however, they also miraculously become empty. i cannot imagine how…

also… if you suck a dirty tube and end up with a dirty mouth who is surprised?

Yeah now, I canna waddah da plants a’now… tank ya berry much…

Woot, please remove the headline comment by “dionysusreborn”. His claim that they get dirt clogged in them and “are useless” is simply wrong. Thanks.

Mileage varies with Aqua Globes because there are many variables when putting them in the plant.

As someone said, you need to use the right size one for the pot. When inserting, you must clear out a channel so that dirt doesn’t get clogged in the tip, or the water will not drain to the plant. Finally experiment with the angle, as too severe of an angle seems to let the water escape quickly.

It took me several practice runs to get these things to work.

These are great. I use them religiously and my plants are still alive.

Even Popular Mechanics says so: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/reviews/4292677

If you click the product picture, it will usually show you more views of the item as well as the packaging.
In this case, the 3 mini globes come in a 3 pack box, and the 2 medium globes come in a 2 pack box.

No matter what I do, I simply cannot keep houseplants alive. I would be willing to try again with these globes if the feedback from members of the Woot! community who have used these is generally positive.

Thoughts?

A slightly better place than the world where a comment by another user on woot makes ME lose the game. Crap.

medium holds over 400ml -i just measured!

These globes are great only for water-loving plants, others will drown with the constant watering unless the globes are only partly filled.

I like them, but if you don’t water plants, will you remember to fill these?

Uh, if you’re classy like me, a beer bottle works just as well. If you need to control the water flow, punch a hole in the cap and screw it back on. (Of course, this requires twist-off caps).

If your household is anything like mine, you will always have a ready supply of aquabottles.