AR 900MHz Portable Wireless Speaker

**Item: **AR 900MHz Portable Wireless Speaker
Price: $39.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=AR 900MHz Portable Wireless Speaker)

[Search Google](Google 900MHz Portable Wireless Speaker)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/21/2013 - $39.99 (Woot-off) - 27 comment(s)
8/21/2013 - $39.99 (Woot-off) - 27 comment(s)

9/17/2013 - $39.99 (Woot Plus)
9/17/2013 - $39.99 (Woot Plus)
8/15/2013 - $39.99 (Woot Plus)
8/15/2013 - $39.99 (Woot Plus)
7/29/2013 - $39.99 (Woot Plus)

why are the speakers connected to the ipods via wires? Why? Why? Whhhhhhhyyyyyyy???

It looks like the wired connection is optional and you can connect wirelessly from up to 150 feet away.

I shouldn’t have but I did. Hope its worth the half priced of Amazon’s listing.

This looks ridiculous! Even with 6 double-A batteries, you need to hook up your i-whatever music source to some freakish looking wired transmitter…which has to be plugged in, no less. With all the blue-tooth technology out there, why anyone would buy this is beyond me. The 1990’s called and want their “wireless” speaker back. Never in a million years…

It seems to me that you can use the blue tooth or radio frequency option with the batteries to make this completely wireless, so ask John Cusak if he had that feature in his boom box.

Sorry, but do you even know what you’re talking about? There is no bluetooth on this unit. Here’s the owner’s manual:

http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/common/AWS53/AWS53_OM.pdf

Here’s a video review showing all the “CORDS” you need to hook this thing up.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1KSWI3QZ3Z41K/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B007JCMDA2&nodeID=172282&store=electronics

Yes…you can put 6 AA batteries in the speaker unit and walk all over creation “wirelessly”. But exactly how do you think the sound gets to the speaker unit? Bluetooth? NO! You need to PLUG the 900MHz transmitter unit into the wall with a power plug…then you need to plug a mini-jack/stereo cable from the transmitter unit into your mp3 iwhatever…and start the music. Sure, you can haul the speaker unit around, but what if you want to change songs? You have to go back to the plugged-into-the-wall-900MHz transmitter unit which is tethered via cord to your mp3 player to do so. From what I can see, there is NO OPTION to do anything but have your mp3 player hard-wired into the transmitter which must be plugged into the wall. THAT, my friend, is 1990s…and NOT what I would call truly wireless. John Cusak indeed!

Well now I feel pretty stupid. I read a review of what I thought was for this product but apparently it was for a different model that has blue tooth. If I knew it didn’t have this capability, then I never would have purchased it. What a waste. I made a request to Woot to cancel the order but not sure if they will accommodate. Any experience on cancelling an order shortly after ordering? Thanks.