2000 Arbios Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
1999 Arbios Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
1998 Arbios Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
1996 Arbios Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
1995 Arbios Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
1993 Arbios Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

[winenotes]

Review 2006 Arbios Cabernet:

Served with a 4 hour, slow braised brisket.

Color - very nice deep garnet, no discernible bricking

Initial pop and pour - quite tight, with some minimal red fruit, vanilla, and cedar aroma
very closed entrance with some additional tannic structure, which seemed to be both very noticeable, but quite soft at the same time. Long finish with good acidity

After 10 minute decant - tightness starting to fade. red fruit turns more dark, but mid palate almost disappears. maintains long finish.

After 45 minute decant - seems to be hitting its stride. Tannins are still present, but have mostly resolved into velvet. mid palate reappears, Fruit has faded into the barely noticeable background, replaced by significant (what I think of as) bottle age notes - prominent cedar, vanilla, coffee, something “dusty” (similar but not the same to Rutherford), spice (reminds me of clove, but that’s not exact). Solid 20+ seconds of mouth watering acidity

after 2 hour decant - holding stable

Very, very nice wine with some bottle age, and clearly the ability to continue to evolve further. The tannins have room to continue to soften. The acidity makes this a great compliment to food. I’m not sure what was going on with the taste at 10 minutes, as if that was my first sip, it would have made a less positive impression. The bottle did just show up about 4 hours before uncorking.

Is this really any kind of a deal? CellarTracker has all these vintages at less than $30.

Probably because the majority of buyers bought those vintages here…

Great Job, C, with listing ALL of these wines.

Good day - happy the answer any questions on our wines. Delighted to have some reviews by tasters. On pricing, at release the wines were $30-35 a bottle. Library Arbios are $50 each.

Purchased the case when offered back in November of last year (2014) and have only recently begun working on it; oldest first.

1993 consumed 7/5/2015 Recently acquired, but past prime. I can see where this was a quality bottle. Drink up; perhaps stored better than this one was.

1995 consumed 9/20/2015 past prime, VA, no rating. I can see where this was likely a very nice bottle a few years ago.

1996 opened last night prior to this offering. This one is singing and by far the best of the three I’ve had to date.
Unlike the '95 that came out in pieces and needed an ah-so, this one had a cork that showed wetting ~80% of length but extracted fully intact and showing both tartrate and sediment.
Despite the sediment, the wine poured clear and showed slight bricking I’d expect with it’s age.
Nose was that of an aged cab, reduced but pleasant fruits, cassis, leather some earth and with no off aromas.
This, as with the previous two I’ve had, drinks on the lighter side of a cab.
Paired wonderfully with some rib-eye cap steak prepared sous-vide.
Looking forward to finishing up the remaining half bottle this evening.

Looking forward to working the vintages forward, and need to add todays woot as the vertical is missing the '10.

The provided notes for 1993, '95 and '96 are clearly from when these wines were much younger.

Of note, this is the CS we didn’t drink at Klez’s a few weeks ago where the bottles far out numbered the capabilities of the attendees.
It would have been enjoyed I’m sure.

And this is what I’m talking about;
good company.

First Sucker: mill
Last Wooter to Woot: rjquillin

Thanks for the notes guys! I love this offer, it’s a bit rich for me with xmas coming up. And of course the overflow wine storage is overflowing!

[winenotes]

2010 Arbois Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvigon Opened and let sit for about a half hour, 1st pour a deep, deep purple color.
Nice bouquet, nice legs, 1st drink was a dry, but not “cotton mouth” to the taste, detected black cherry and blackberry flavor. Although their review mentioned it I detected no vanilla in the background.
I’m a “Big” fan of Alexander Valley Cab.’s, they seem to be much more “robust”, this one doesn’t disappoint.
Alcohol content a bit higher than many Cab’s and I felt the effects early on.
On their site listed its at $35,. Me? I would place it at about the $30 to $40 range. All in all I found this to be very nice bottle of wine.
Wrote the notes before the offer came up. So the price point is close to the offer, the older bottles 3rd of 3 price c/b much higher than the 2010 I sampled, so I don’t see a BIG savings but the wine is very good.

Sigh. I was ready to gamble with the hopes to get an older vintage. Than I realized gambling is not allowed in Wisconsin, thus no shipping. Envious of those who get a 90’s vintage!

I also bought the case offered last year.
The two oldest vintages corks disintegrated as tried I to open the bottles.
For the most part,I found most of the vintages to be a little thin. The better ones being the later years (2000 on). YMMV

Wish I could justify this one…looks like a great offer.

x-posted these tasting notes into CT.

I too went for case last year and can report bad corks on a third. That said, some fine wine – in for one.

Sorry about the corks - glad the wines were alright.

Can’t bring myself to finish off that delicious '96 with spaghetti.
Wednesday night Chilean called in to sub.

I recently moved up to milwaukee from chicago and was looking forwards to buying this wine :frowning:

I didn’t realize wisconsin was such a buzzkill state

Sorry, we just don’t happen to hold that license. Can we ship to a friend in another state?