Arbios Library Cabernet Sauvignon (3)

Arbios Library Cabernet Sauvignon 3-Pack
Sold by: Arbios (Praxis Cellars)
$79.99 $170.00 53% off List Price
2006 Arbios Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Any questions? I’d love to hear from someone (less biased than me) who has tried to 2006 vintage of our Cab recently! Thanks

Love the library offers! I didn’t have the cash or room for the case offers but this is tempting…

It’s wine. You sell organs, and make room. Whatever it takes.

Got one of these in the mixed case from November of '14 and added another from a November '15 woot. Finally got around to drinking one the end of last year since I now had two.
My brief notes at the time were it was a solid CS, but just, imo, reserved and entering a drinking window if given a couple hour decant; was better on day three and I thought it improve or at least hold easily into the mid 20’s.

I’ve had a couple of bottles now, and I think the next will be the ‘99, but I’d sure like the winerys’ opinion on those intervening vintages. Haven’t even considered opening the '09 or '10…

[quote postid=“6773702”
I’ve had a couple of bottles now, and I think the next will be the ‘99, but I’d sure like the winerys’ opinion on those intervening vintages. Haven’t even considered opening the '09 or '10…[/quote]

We don’t really drink all of the library wines that often so I can’t say that we have tried all of the ones in the library case. We hold our Cab a lot longer than others to begin with and have just been having fun sharing some of these wines. I was just selling the 2010 on a business trip and it was a big hit - but it will keep.

A rat review from November

This strikes me as quite odd. I would think that you would want to be actively sampling your library to better understand how your wines actually age.

Otherwise, how are you suggesting drinking windows to drinkers or talking about your style to buyers?

I think most winemakers like young wine :happy:

We do try the library cabs on an infrequent basis, but we are usually only sampling the current vintage on a more regular basis. We try to release a wine when it is ready to drink, but our 20 year old wines are showing beautifully - at least for me.

Thank you all for your interest in our wines. I hope you enjoy these!