Arbios Library Cabernet Sauvignon (3)

Hi - We’d love to hear any questions you have - or from someone who has tasted this recently. We have but that doesn’t really count…

I’d love to see some community notes as well!

Does this wine need to be drunk soon or can it hold a couple years yet.

We have really been enjoying the 2006 over the last year or so as the flavors have become wonderfully integrated and the wine silky smooth, but I would say you could keep it another 3-5 years too.

Here’s a grape debater review from last November

https://www.cellartracker.com/m/wines/1154003

November 8, 2015 - Review 2006 Arbios Cabernet:

Served with a 4 hour, slow braised brisket.

Color - very nice deep garnet, no discernible bricking

Initial pop and pour - quite tight, with some minimal red fruit, vanilla, and cedar aroma
very closed entrance with some additional tannic structure, which seemed to be both very noticeable, but quite soft at the same time. Long finish with good acidity

After 10 minute decant - tightness starting to fade. red fruit turns more dark, but mid palate almost disappears. maintains long finish.

After 45 minute decant - seems to be hitting its stride. Tannins are still present, but have mostly resolved into velvet. mid palate reappears, Fruit has faded into the barely noticeable background, replaced by significant (what I think of as) bottle age notes - prominent cedar, vanilla, coffee, something “dusty” (similar but not the same to Rutherford), spice (reminds me of clove, but that’s not exact). Solid 20+ seconds of mouth watering acidity

after 2 hour decant - holding stable

Very, very nice wine with some bottle age, and clearly the ability to continue to evolve further. The tannins have room to continue to soften. The acidity makes this a great compliment to food. I’m not sure what was going on with the taste at 10 minutes, as if that was my first sip, it would have made a less positive impression. The bottle did just show up about 4 hours before uncorking.