Arcadian Vineyard Designate Syrah (2)

Arcadian Winery Vineyard Designate Syrah 2-Pack
$59.99 $̶1̶0̶1̶.̶0̶0̶ 41% off List Price
2006 Purisima Syrah, Santa Ynez Valley
2006 Stolpman Syrah, Santa Ynez Valley
CT links above

Winery website

I had a glass of 2006 Arcadian Syrah earlier this year at a restaurant in Solvang. I think it was a different Vineyard designate than these (westerly vineyard) But I recall it being exceedingly good. I am finding more and more that I like Syrah with some age on it.

Did someone say Stolpman? … this will be hard to resist

Tri- check the pub

I am a recent convert to all things Arcadian, after trying a few of the syrahs and an 01 Gary’s Pinot which blew me away BTW. I did recently buy some of the 06 westerly Syrah and I agree fantastic bottle.

Easy buy IMHO.

Too bad woot won’t ship it to KS or MO. Would love to have some arcadian.

I visited their tasting room last year in Lompoc and joined their wine club. Arcadian makes some of the best Syrah I’ve had. Highly recommend!!

I LOVE Arcadian wines. This is going to be too tough to resist. Might have to jump on the bandwagon for this one.

Why can some wines be delivered to Illinois but not this wine?

Was kind of surprised at that myself as the winery, Arcadian, direct ships to Illinois consumers.

I see I have some 05 Westerly! Hopefully well get some comments on the differences. I really don’t need more, but…

This is serious wine.

Each winery has to obtain a license for each state. Some states have limits on the amount of wine they can ship per year to a state. That and other factors can prohibit a wine from being sold in a state. Check this site for more info.

Holding the '05 so I really want some of this Syrah, but still but really concerned about “summer” shipping to North Texas. Taking a real chance that it won’t get cooked in our last blast of summer heat wave.

In for two… (crosses fingers, toes, and eyes…

Bummer! Can’t even woot-leg it into Wisconsin, Indiana or Iowa. This was a nasty tease.

In for two! Now where do I put them? Oh well better drink some more from the cellar before this shipment arrives. #firstworldproblems

You are correct it was a 2006 Westerly Syrah which is one of our introductory level Syrah. The two being offered today are what I consider to be our Grand Cru Syrah. These two vineyards rank as two of the top Syrah Vineyards in the country.

And 2006 no less we aged these two wines for 28 months in barrel and then put them in the cellar for another three years. You are seeing some top flight Solpman with some age but with a long future in front of it.

thanks for the lovely comments I appreciate the support of my wines.
Joe