Archos 10.1" 8GB Android Tablet

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Archos 10.1" 8GB Android Tablet
$119.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Why would anyone buy a Froyo flavored tablet for over $100?

Cuz they can?

DON’T TOUCH IT. GREAT FOR STREAMING IN THE HOUSE, BUT LCD SCREEN BROKE AFTER TWO WEEKS. NOT WORTH IT. I DON’T THINK I CAN SEND IT FOR WARRANTY REPAIR, BECAUSE I ROOTED RIGHT AWAY WITH URUKDROID. IF YOU WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE URUKDROID CUSTOM ROM IS THE WAY TO GO, BUT FOR THE PRICE, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO WITH ACER ICONIA OR WAIT FOR THE MICROSOFT SURFACE. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH! ALL CAPS MEANS I’M MAD AND FRUSTRATED WITH ARCHOS. I LIKE THERE OLDER PMPS AND THE ARCHOS 5IT

I bought one of these from sears and returned it 2 weeks later, super slow, TERRIBLE screen angle, thought I could use it for the kiddo, but even I was frustrated by it. cant get honeycomb or ICS on it.

I never dropped it. This was after normal use. It’s not well made. If you must have a generation 8 Archos, get the Archos 70.

Charbox ought to have to pay to fix my archos 101.

been waiting for a cheap android tablet to power the mini-arcade I’m building…hope this runs MAME4droid okay…

I wasn’t going to bite but now that I can also get a French Placemat from Home.woot for my French tablet… Bon! Tres Bon!

looks like there’s a ICS rom WIP:

This is a great product. There is one MAJOR problem though…it’s ARCHOS!!! Don’t be fooled by the Archos “sirens”. They pull you in with a sharp looking product but in weeks you realize all that did was take your money and all you have is something pretty worthless.

The guy is still working on it and it’s buggy. Also, would you really want to run ICS on a tablet that only has 256 RAM. Run Away! But, before you leave, would you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?

Thats for the gen 9, these are the gen 8, which can’t run that mod

Will this run Windows 8?

I have an

Archos 5 500 GB…love it
Archos 605, great, but no flac
Archos 405, great PMP
Archos 70 dead power supply, touch screen and digitizer
Archos 101, broken LCD.

Run away…listen to me!

Archos has a generation 9 that has windows 7 using an Intel Atom Processor, People have been successful installing developer edition on the same tablet, but they had to get an intel video driver for the installation to work successfully.