Archos AV700 40GB 7 inch Portable Media Player

Froogle: $391.50
Deal.com: $348-590
Shopzilla: $348-590
Yahoo!: $469
Amazon: No Results?

Review by CNET: 6.7 out of 10

Jessie’s version of useful links… aka the best comparison site list you’ll ever know.

BizRate Prices… from $348

Shopzilla Prices… from $348

Become.com Prices… from $349

MSN Shopinng Prices… from $500+

6.7 CNET Editor’s Rating… but 8.5 user rating… weird

… and since there are some new useful linkers to compete with for your love, i thought i’d throw in the famous Halloween Costume Link for a little extra enjoyment… it’s my version of a $20 handshake… cuz i know everyone loves peeping hot Halloween costume ideas… now go get your darn costumes… Halloween is like now… almost.

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Archos AV700 40GB 7" Portable Media Player
$289.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 Archos AV700 40GB 7” Portable Media Player

This woot was last offered 10/12/06 during the last WOOT-OFF for the same price.

The Archos AV500 30GB 4” Portable Media Player was offered 10/11/06, the day before for $269.99 + $5 shipping.

$348 at Sprenzy. Sprenzy now displaying Amazon reviews (4 out 5) from 11 reviewers.

$348 from Pricegrabber

4 out 5 review from PCMag

I just bought one during the wootoff, it’ll arrive today.

GREATEST PICTURE EVAR.

Go Cards!!!

Um, ok, Jason Toon and I are in St. Louis. This looks like a nice small player, wasn’t there one like it recently but 30GB?

Nice product. I love Archos products, as they make solid products, usually for much less money than competitors.

“It ain’t over till it’s over” - St. Louis resident

You can almost get a laptop for this price with a 40gb hardrive. Waste of time…goodnight everyone

Should have bought this instead of that stupid iSee 360i ipod video recorder… what a waste.

if only it had wifi. . . .

meh…i’m getting lazy, copy and paste.

go ozzy!

nice picture

Weeeeeeeeeeeee! First sucker again! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

CNET editors’ review
Good
6.7 out of 10The good: Huge screen; supports PlaysForSure audio and video; wide viewing angle; records audio and video from external sources; can record TV at scheduled times; excellent battery life, especially for audio only; includes kickstand; iTunes plug-in for Mac users; nice printed manual.

The bad: Expensive; screen looks grainy and washed out; wide-screen content hard to come by; no software CD included; video-conversion tools not optimized for the AV700.

The bottom line: Proof positive that bigger isn’t always better, the Archos AV700 fails to make the most of its wide-screen LCD

Gotta defend the home team…Go TIGERS!!!

Player looks interesting but I have to let this one slide.

That picture is rediculous, no tiger is that big