Ardente 1997 Cabernet Sauvignon (3)

Had to go back and do a recount 36, were tied, I need to break the tie, in for 1 more, now 39
“I’m better than the rest” :wink:

Just got my purple square! Very excited for some aged CS.

Last Wooter to Woot:fredrinaldiLast Purchase:a few seconds ago

Decent reviews on CT – I like aging Cabs (still showing fruit) and my hubby prefers more aged Cabs (more on the leather side), so this sounds like it might be a great midpoint.

But who’s putting a 15 yr old Cab through a Vinturi? And then wondering why the wine is flat and lifeless. . . . Don’t blame the wine at that point.

I’d say now

Plenty of fruit left on this one. I am not a vinturi fan, but this does do well with some air. Give it an hour or two decant and enjoy.

Kept properly, this should easily go two years or more.

Thank you Fred. I’m much more comfortable out of the lead.

that would be lovely. Of course I’ll be popping one soon and if it’s got the fruit left I’ll try to age the rest a bit more. I missed it, did it say where these were stored? I’m assuming at the winery in temp/humidity control?

LOL

These are comming from the winery, and I have seen no evidence of bad storage. I really have no idea who these Ardente folks are (even though a very nice rep for them has explained it to the wooters several times) or why they seemed so disinterested in selling their terrific cabs from silly good years until now. They say they like to hold wines until they hit their drinking windows and they are now making room for the '05s and '07s. I’m not asking a lot of questions, just pressing yellow buttons.

<-------defeated :frowning:
woke up too late or I would have bought 3 cases.

If anyone finds any problems with the bottles being “corked” found a website with a possible solution.

was awake most of the night doing some work and then dozed off for a few hours - only to miss this - thanks :frowning:

Hey guys,

Opened a bottle of this tonight and it was pretty good. I love aged cabernet. Visit my new blog, I made the first post about this wine:

Thanks!

Ryan