Ardente 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon (3)

OK… so I’m seeing a lot of “off topic” comments. Does anyone have anything to say about this wine? I’m tempted, but need a little more info please.
Cheers!

Dont we all? Haha

Where do you live? I’m in Manhattan Beach, Calie and got this 2 days after notification

So Fred… is this an “autobuy” for you? I know you LOVE the cabs, but what makes this special?
Cheers!

Ah I bought 42 bottles of the 97, 01 & 02… what does that say?

I got 3 of these in my 9 pack awhile ago, but have only tried the 1997, which I thought was interesting enough. The tannin’s were definitely softened, but the fruit forward flavor was also diminished more than I had hoped.

Has anyone had both the 1997 and the 2002? If so, any thoughts? The 2002 does have a higher rating on CT.

Your having the next nation wide woot party?

Agreed, but we’re talking about hot wings, not prime rib!

Alright… I’m in for two. Haven’t bought anything in a while (daughter’s wedding in two months, saving my pennies), but with this recommendation who can resist?
Cheers!

My thoughts exactly.

btw - I take my wings with beer - just seems right.

I also went in on a set. I’m interested to try these side by side with the '97s. Just wish they’d have both been offered on the same day so I didn’t have to pay shipping both times but hey, these are cheaper than the '97s so there’s that…

looks like the sales meter is broken, showing last purchase half hour ago

My husband doesn’t like Cabernet but he LOVED the Ardente 97 and 2002. I have the library collection and subsequent woots of 4 cases. We are drinking the 97 first and working our way up. You must decant it but it is truly a bargain at this price.

Yeah, looking for my purchase to show up, but I guess I will settle for the wine. :wink:

You’re my hero Fred. This was an easy pass for me. 36 is my limit on Ardente. 15 is my limit on schnitzengruben.

how the crap do i KEEP MISSING THIS!!!
seriously…woot has given me 3 opportunities this woot-off and i’ve been away all 3 times.

sigh

anybody else had a bad shipment or a bad bottling? cork arrived ‘popped out’ and even the foil was torn. bottling problem? storage problem?

Yikes. Sorry about that. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service. They’ll take care of you.