Argus Bean Sprout Carabiner Camera – 2 Pack

LOL! Now, THAT’s a great idea! kids.woot should have Jr. Dexter, blood splatter evidence kit, to go along with this! :wink:

For whomever wants to ask the “Is It Compatible with Mac?” question today…

Q. Is the Bean camera MAC compatible?
A. The Bean cameras are NOT MAC compatible but since the camera does support a memory card, all you will need is a memory card reader to transfer the pictures from the camera to the MAC system.

Thought I would cut you off at the path… even though I am also a MacMan. :slight_smile:

It’s not compatible with Vista. Now I dislike Vista even more.

Not on this planet. Walmart has them for $9.99 a piece: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10216833

manual here http://www.arguscamera.com/support/manuals/BeanSprout%20manual.pdf

Actually, you are wrong. Walmart’s price is higher by $2.01.

How do the pics compare to what I can get from my camera phone? I’d consider getting one for my day hikes if some one out there thinks that they probably will take better quality.

They’re two for $13 here, with shipping, and you don’t have to deal with the crowds at Walmart, spend time driving to Walmart, or waste gas going to Walmart.

And, if you want to buy 6, they’d only be 6 for $29, shipped. Walmart would cost you $45 for six.

In other words, I see the deal.

Can I clip it to the dogs collar and set it on timer, and let HER take some pictures?

Do the math. 7.99 + 5.00 = 12.99 shipped to your home for two. save 2.01 and you don’t have to see this:

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/799.jpg

A carabiner, BTW, is a metal loop with a sprung or screwed gate. An Argus Bean Sprout Carabiner Camera is a loopy digital camera that takes screwy pictures.

Are you planning on rock climbing with it…?

Getting these to send with my 10-year-old son on field trips at school. Clipping one to his jeans is a lot safer than letting him carry around a more expensive digital camera he’s sure to sit down somewhere and lose.

I was thinking of stocking up on these things for the nieces and nephews. Not a great camera, but the price is right.

Will it survive the shock of living on a kid’s backpack? I’ve even seen metal key chain fobs destroyed under the strain.

is this good with Mac?? (it should be but you never know)

Picked some up for FTF prizes. :wink:

It might not be officially “compatible” with Vista, but then it isn’t with 7 either. I would bet you could get them to work with XP drivers. It might just install a generic driver and work fine.

No, it’s not cheaper at Wal-Mart.

Here, it’s $12.99 SHIPPED. At Wal-Mart, even if you do “site to store”, you’re still paying $15.00 for two of them.

So if you’re getting two of them at Woot, you’re paying $6.50 per camera; at Wal-Mart, it would be $7.50 each.

I got the 2MP one at BB on clearance for about $15 several months back with a little screen. Its sorta useful and ok pics outdoors but don’t think I would bother for one with no screen and that low of a resolution… I mean you might as well use your cellphone camera

How do these compare to the Pentax on sellout.woot. They seem to have similar specs give or take 25 orders of magnitude.