Arkon SF100 Wireless FM Transmitter - 2-Pack

that was a scary beginning there…

I dont think the near heart attack was worth the woot tonight, unless you’re looking for a cheap set of throwback FM transmitters…then boy…you almost missed out

happy wooting

I hope that these are better than iTrips as those sound like a first test session for telephone under supervision of G. Bell

Woot, you’re pathetic. You send us the “Server Unavailable” or “Server is too busy” error messages and you darn well know what we think: Yep, Crap, Bag of!

So therefore we must, by virtue of thinking what it might be, try even harder to get connected and thereby creating a logjam to the server, fueling our thoughts even more that we’re missing an opportunity to get 3 goodies for 8 bucks. Or maybe you’ve decided to do a Woot-off on a 2-fer on a monday (no logic whatsoever). But alas and alack (does anyone even use that anymore?), it’s a 2-fer with no apparent reason for the server unavailability.

Go figure…

First sucker: mroselle
Speed to first woot: 13m 48.847s
Wow, that took a long time…

Anyways I got a pair… One for my GF and her IPOD, and another for me to put into my crappy 93 honda i just got… until i get some cash for a real cd player (also it looks like this will power most CD players, so its worth the $12.99/2 = $6.50 for jsut that alone in my book.

Night all.
Tux

I bought one of these a while back… tried to use it a few times but it’s stayed tangled in my glove box for a long time now… the biggest problem was that anytime I hit even the smallest of bumps in the road, the thing would need to be retuned.

RE: The Pod Cast

Shouldn’t Jim Have Said His Beverage Of Choice Is Diet Pepsi?

Looks like a Denial of Service (DoS) Attack (bad nasty). Maybe our Woot friends made someone unhappy. Like every other sales outlet? L

I have tried several similar items with my IPod. None really worked too well. First, in a metro area finding a station to use is hard, because a nearby station affects the quality. Plus the sound levels tend to be low. Finally, as is the standard for IPod, sound out of the earphone jack to your radio is inferior to sound that comes through the jack on the bottom.

I switched to a special tape player adapter that uses the data jack and the sound is great. The downside with that is that the jack is also to charging source, so you are running on battery. It’s been worth it though.

Scary Personals

Product info sez:

DC External Power Supply (Cigarette Lighter Adapter): 3V, 4.5V or 6V Selectable

Most cars since 1955 have 12 volt electrical systems. The reason it’s a 2-fer is that you need to hook up both of them in series.

My guess is Woot was GraveDugg

I picked up a pair. They are ugly, but they sure are cheap. I am going to use it to play the sound from my sons tv that uses headphones in my truck. He doesn’t like the headphones and the sound is not very loud. 12.99 for two, you can’t go wrong. They should work for anything that has a headphone jack on it.

You got that right.

One thing to consider: the FCC is moving all radio communications to all digital, HD radio by 2009. All analog radio communications is supposed to cease. This will render your car’s deck unit obsolete for terrestrial radio. What I don’t know is whether the FCC’s Part 15 allowance for very low power narrowband analog FM devices will continue past that date. These may not only be obsolete in three years – they may be illegal to use.

WILL THIS WORK ON A IPOD?

The slowness is probably extra traffic from digg… or else the new advertizing and ad servers can’t handle the normal surge at midnight to Woot!

These (local FM transmitters) are handy, but honestly the quality is better with a wire-to-tapehead cassette adapter.

Quit crying ya bunch of babies!!!

If Woot was featured on the front page of Digg.Com then chances are they were hit with 1,000’s(if not tens of 1,000’s of extra hits tonight, that IS the power of being DUG). If it had been a BOC it would already be sold out(FOL). These units are bulky, but I Wooted, even if they aren’t great I can use the power adapters and ends for other projects, and if these work better than the non-powered units I have for my Satellite, and or iPod then more the better. WootHoo!!!

Patrick

FM Transmitters always suck…one minute your listening to your favorite tunes with a gorgeous blonde bombshell next to you and the next your listening to static with grandma sitting next to you…don’t waste your money on this…I wasted mine…and mine was free…

This was my first woot. I don’t actually need this, but the other day my mother-in-law was asking about how to get to play CDs in her truck. If this works, great. If not, I’m only out $13.

Wow. These are lousy. The transmit on them is worse than an itrip.

I’d rather have a toaster

A major ecommerce site like woot needs servers a little more robust than this – the digg frontpage was hours ago… I think it’s time to ditch the windows servers, Woot

This looks like an ANALOG transmitter. If so, it will work poorly with modern digital tuners. I have a couple of old (Not Arkon) analog tuners and the drift was horrible. It was also dangerous to tune on the highway. If u have Classic car (or a pile of crap) that has an old analog radio this product will probably work well.
Belkin makes a great digital transmitter that tunes the entire FM band. It works great with modern tuners.

As much as I like buying cheap stuff, I’ll have to pass on this.