Arlo Pro 3 2K HDR Wire-Free Security System

Arlo Pro 3 2K HDR Wire-Free Security System

Hopefully not making a mistake picking another camera. I am replacing one Arlo 2 refurb I bought here in April that is all ready not working. The hub and 2nd camera are good, but irritating that in 5 months one of them is dead. I do like the system, and hoping this one is a good one, as I love seeing the wildlife and occasional stranger walk through the yard.

I’m a nest guy but bought Arlo to keep an eye on my second home. it’s fine for peeking in but you need to subscribe to the monitoring service to really use the system.
the monitoring system is more expensive than the nest monitoring, but it actually works much better. It provides instantaneous warning of movement so you can actually talk to, say, a delivery driver instead of getting an alert 15 seconds after the subject is long gone.
I thought the battery operated cams would be a hassle, but the battery lasts for about two months, so I rotate a spare.
I was actually considering getting both of my homes on nest, might now move both to arlo.

I like the system, and the video is good to me. My issue is one of the cameras dying in 5 months. It’s not the battery, it had 40% charge left just before it disconnected. I did charge it just to see if that was an issue, but it simply won’t connect back to the system. I removed it from the system and it will not resync to the hub. the light that should show blue when trying to sync doesn’t go on at all.

@Wooter862450364 I also bought the pro 2 kit a while back. One thing that might be relevant as you switch is the terms of cloud storage… With the pro 2 you have access to free cloud storage of 7 days of recording (one of my decision factors as I purchased). I believe with the pro 3 you have to pay for cloud storage. I think you can store locally for free but I’m not sure. Here is a link: