Arlo Pro2 Security Camera System - Your Choice

Arlo Pro2 Security Camera System - Your Choice

1 Like

What am I missing? Why is the single camera $90 and the two cameras system is $169 and includes the base station. Seems like if you order just one camera it would be cheaper than $89. Ordering 2 cameras which includes the base station is $169.which is $10 cheaper than just the one camera. Makes no sense.

Package deals are traditionally less expensive per component than buying individually. That’s the whole point.

1 Like

Yeah this is a very typical pricing arrangement. Maybe you are thrown off by the base station, but they are probably not making the base station a very large part of the price, since you have to have one, but having more than one probably doesn’t help most users. Anyway, I think anybody who has been visiting woot for a number of years won’t find this pricing arrangement to be at all atypical.

Factory reconditioned means it’s done by the manufacturer or someone they designate.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

We don’t have that information. That’s up to Arlo. FWIW, most manufacturers use certified 3rd party companies to do the work.

There is a subscription required for much of the functionality to work. This is still very profitable for them. I would not buy again based on the cameras with no subscription.