Armarkat Cat Trees 2-Styles

Armarkat Cat Trees are made in China, which means no one has a clue what chemicals are in the pressed board, or glue used. No thanks.

I haven’t had these particular styles, but I have had others made by Armakat, and up to 27 cats at one time. If your cats are thin-no XLs!-these will last a few years. I have a few Maine Coon mixes (12-18 lb range) and these can’t handle them; it fell over. The fasteners are threaded on both ends (IMO, a design flaw) so you can’t really tighten them. We wrapped thread around both ends. All the trees we bought are long gone. Don’t expect them to last forever-maybe 5 years.

I’ve got a big boy, too, and fear of sturdiness and box-fitting is what’s kept me from getting him a tree. So, thanks!

I’ve had the larger style for a few years for my (now 6) indoor cats - the first one replaced with a second. They’re not terribly durable, as evidenced by the ‘replaced by a’. At least in a corner of my living room, balance isn’t an issue - and I have some pretty hefty cats, the largest weighing in just over 20 pounds.
The new one was just set up in December and one of the posts is visible under the fiber; I have some really scratch-happy cats, but it doesnt’ last long. Rewrapping is a chore and a half. The new one replaced a two year old of the exact same model, which my tubby kitties broke the plastic inserts in the tubes that actually hold the screws and connect everything together.
This cat tree is small enough to fairly easily move between rooms - it fits through my fairly narrow halls and doorways fairly easily - but I recommend having two people or furniture sliders.
This is not super durable and if you have large cats, it won’t last more than a couple years, but at this price, it’s well worth it for a year or two of scratching-on-post-not-my-furniture.

27 cats? Twenty seven? Oh my!

Thanks everyone I ordered the bigger one for our 9 month old kitten. I’ll put it in the front window and I think she’ll enjoy it. I really appreciate the feedback.

Congratz on having a well built neighbor!

Not all cat tree brands are created equal, but if these are truly Armarkat brand, then they are well worth it. I have two cats trees: one that is an Armarkat and one that is a GoPets brand, and there’s definitely a difference in quality. Also in cat interest - the GoPets one had an odd odor when I first unboxed/assembled it, and my cats would barely go near it for a long time. The Armarkat one was being climbed on before I even had it fully assembled. Very easy to put together. My cats are one normal size and one “extra large” and I’ve never even seen the tree wobble when they leap on it, so I have no concerns about them tipping it over. The rope posts do wear with use, but I’ve disassembled and flipped over several (to use both ends) and I assume they could be replaced or reroped if needed.

They’re definitely Armarkat.

I got the big one and I am very happy with it. It took about an hour to unbox and assemble. Plenty big for my three indoor cats. It took about half a day for them to warm up to it, but now they love it. I almost got the smaller one because of price, glad I got the big one.

I’d love to see a picture if possible. :slight_smile: Mine arrived today and GolfDad is going to assemble it on Saturday. Based on your post he thinks he can assemble it in under two hours. :wink:

We have a very happy kitty. I’m so glad I bought the bigger one. I hope woot will have this item for sale again as I think I’d like to get the smaller version also. The quality is awesome and Golfdad didn’t have too much trouble putting it together. Thanks woot!

I am so impressed by the quality of this cat tree…and its size! Very sturdy construction (you get to put it together like an Ikea project with an allen wrench) with soft, plush carpet. The bracket mounts were a bit wonky, but were straightened out with pliers and screwdriver.

However, I did have to contact Woot’s customer service as the order might have been overlooked and sat in a warehouse for 2 weeks. After that it shipped out quickly.

Now waiting for the spoiled cats to warm up to it!