Armida Winery POIZIN - 3 Pack

Can you tell me,is it a dry or semi sweet wine.I don’t much about wine.The last time i bought wine here,it was dry and a little bitter.Thanks for any help,I like a semi sweet wine.

According to the Pirate Name Generator, we should now be calling you: Cap’n Clive Knifenose

Argh! A stretch, but appreciated it be, says I to ye.

In for 1!

That worked. Luckily this is being shipped to my office and not my house and paid for with my “secret” account. The better to sneak by my husband. How do you all manage the spousal abuse when this stuff arrives? Wine.woot is sure to be the end of me.

where’s the corison?? how about some corison helios cab franc!

So, like most all red wines you will see on wine.woot, this is technically “dry” - as in, the yeast has converted all of the available sugar in the grape juice into alcohol. However, there are other perceptions of sweetness for instance higher alcohol wines tend to taste sweeter even though they are “dry”.

The Poizins tend to be fully extracted Zins which have a lot of fruit flavor and often picked at 25 brix or above which translates into a higher alcohol number once fermented.

Bottom line: I would bet you would like these - lots of fruit taste, and not high tannins which can impart a “sour” taste, though really more of a drying sensation.

This wine is very fruity, but it is NOT sweet. I don’t know what your last purchase was, but the vast majority of the wines sold by woot are dry. The exceptions are usually late-harvest dessert wines or Port-style wines.

“Semi-sweet” can mean very different things to different people. What do you normally drink?

EDIT: And… what Woopdedoo said. :slight_smile:

And another question from a wine.wootoff newb… multiple buys in the wine wootoff, one package or multiple packages, like a normal woot off?

Not that it’s weird to accept wine shipments in my office, that’s an everyday occurence around here thanks to my boss, just for curiosity’s sake.

EmpireWine.com (not affiliated & never used it) has it for $16.95, which is cents more per bottle than this deal, but shipping is $22. So this Woot is the best deal, but not a huge discount.

In addition to the spousal abuse I also have to put up with my folks!! Seeing how I have to ship it to their house due to my crazy schedule!! Oh, the abuse I take… at least I get great wine!!! :slight_smile:

My wife buys Sutter home White Zinfandel

Thanks for the info,just may try it

Well described. We visited Armida on the 2008 Magical History Tour. These are not wines in my preferred style (I found one wine out of 17+ I tasted at Armida that I enjoyed), but they are well made and are just the thing for those who like this sort of thing.

Multiple boxes!

Are these cork or screw-top? Pictures looks a lot like screw-top.

I just make sure to give my husband a glass of each bottle. That usually stops his complaints. :wink:

I thought the 2007 burned too much going down, though I may have had a bad bottle. I never did get a chance to try the others as I sold one to a co-worker before I tasted the first bottle and a girlfriend’s brother consumed the other before I had a taste.

Very hesitant to try it again…

Maybe we will get something from Kunde soon!
Like their SB.

Now see here! That’s just ASKING for wallet abuse :slight_smile: