10/15/07
10/16/06

Darn it!

Armida Winery Poizin and Antidote - 3 Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: PetiteSirah
Speed to first woot: 1m 9.377s
Last wooter to woot: MarkDaSpark

Any idea if this will arrive before Halloween?

First sucka!!! AWWW YEAH.

(I do it for the Petite.)

I love this stuff. I really missed it last year. Really great extraction, needs some air and/or time in the bottle, but this is yummy.

You know it’s Fall for real when WineDavid puts the PoiZin up.

And, unlike Romeo and Juliet, this Poizin only makes for happy endings!

…wonder if I can find a sucker for a $15 bottle of white… :slight_smile:

This was my first wine.woot purchase exactly 5 years ago today!

Finally!! and this year it has antidote… there is a God :slight_smile:

I knew there was a reason I stayed up another half hour when my eyes were telling me to go to sleep! I just bought 6 bottles of Poizin this weekend and had planned to open one up with dinner tonight before I got sidetracked. Now I definitely will have it tomorrow (oops, later today!) when I get home from work. In for 3!

In for one. I love the poizon, never had the antidote before though. Hope the 2009 is as good as all the previous years I’ve enjoyed this wine.

“Are you trying to kill me?”
“No I am trying to PoiZin you!” Devilish Laugh

Here’s hoping I get to fool some people this hallowine.

Courtesy of CJ:

So join or create a gathering now!

$25 for the poizon 2009 x 2 = $50

• $19 foor the 2010 Antidote on Armida’s website

Totals $69 plus s$h looks like a reasonable deal
at $52.99 here if you buy 1.

I couldn’t resist, have always wanted to drink a bottle of the poizon and then chase it with the antidote, but have never had the antidote. I thought the antidote use to be 325 mL bottle…looks like a 750 now.

As a long-time wine.wooter, I was waiting for this deal. PoiZin is one of my favorites, and I can’t wait to try the Antidote!

Didn’t Antidote used to be sweet?

I love having these around to take to Halloween parties, so I’m sure I’ll be in again.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/296974_10150325458832807_613267806_8255965_497629212_n.jpg

Lab Rat checking in!

Ok folks, my wife and I are wine novices (but loving the journey), so here it goes … our first review:

Just like when I first got a hold of some Boss Monster, I thought this was going to be another mediocre wine wrapped in clever packaging. Well, just like my actual experience with Boss Monster, this wine very much exceeded my expectations! Far more rich and flavorful than I could have predicted. It’s very pleasant to the nose. The taste is dark and tart on the palate, starting with dark fruit followed by a lingering cherry and pepper (love the pepper afterglow here). The wine starts off dark, with a tartness that succumbs to sweeter tastes with a finish of red fruits and peppercorn. This wine is very enjoyable; my wife and I agree this is one of our top three favorite reds. Concerning antidote, it’s also definitely thumbs up. The fragrance is mild. Once it hits the tongue there is more going on than one would expect. It’s a bit sweet on the finish, though not like a dessert wine. This is one of the more interesting whites we have tried. For the price point, this set will be hard to beat and I will definitely be getting more today … now actually!!!

Thanks Woot - this was so much fun!!! Hope to do it again some time!!!

Unnerving. :smiley:

The first person to hold a dinner party and serve Sauvignon for all the guests except one guy who gets the Poizin, without comment, is my hero. Remember to look real shifty as you pour it.

I didn’t know that zinfandel grapes are called zinberries now.

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: PetiteSirah
Speed to first woot: 1m 9.377s
Last wooter to woot: crzycajn70

In for the Zin. Love the stuff and happy to have an opportunity to get this year’s juice.

IN for 1!