Armida Winery Poizin Trio

Bought a case of the '05 and am down to 3 bottles so naturally I think I’ll have to jump on this one. Would love to hear what the winery and rats have to say.

I bought these from the offering 2 years ago. I gave a couple away as gifts to Halloween parties I attended, and kept one for myself. It’s not the finest thing I’ve ever sipped, but it went over well with everyone I shared it with. A solid (and festive) red.

I am so happy this is back! I was perusing their Web site just last week, but didn’t buy. I’m glad to save a bit.

Persistence pays off…

I’m in on 1, here’s hoping I get labratted…

In for 3 (9), and I ordered 3 bottles of “antidote” from their website, What good is poison without and antidote???

How much Petite Sirah is blended with the Zin? When are they blended? (co-fermented? Pre-barrel? Post barrel?) Speaking of barrels, what was the barrel regimen for the Poizin?

Argh, WD, in my attempt to become first sucker I realized I can’t be a rat this week (unless you’re ok if I can’t report until Thursday :D).

I’d like 2 bottles but not three, in case anyone in NYC is interested in splitting a multi-set order?

I need a wine guru to help this wine newbie!

Is this sweet?

Hey Rich…can’t view your cellar (access denied).

Serious question:
On the product description it says “If you’re drunk when the package shows up, you will not be allowed to receive it”.

Is this actually true? Is there some regulation that you can’t deliver wine to drunk people?

After last week’s Iron Horse offers, I’m glad I’m not tempted by this one.

If you mean sweet as in sugary, definitely not. It’s a dry red wine that is probably best when accompanying meats, pizza or pasta in red sauce, or spicy chicken dishes.

From a tasting note:

“Huge nose of jammy red fruit and vanilla. Very tasty, but very one dimensional. Very good at what it does, which is blow your face off with red fruit and vanilla whipped cream, but this is also what keeps it from being anything more than another Cali fruitbomb Zin.”

Apparently yes, you can’t be drunk to accept the package of wine. If I’m drunk when it gets here, do they at least try to redeliver the next day? Or do they have an office party at the USPS?

In for 1… Had the 2006 and really liked it. Too bad monetary concerns won’t allow me 3 this time :frowning:

Are these your tasting notes Speedoo? If yes, about which vintage?

Tempting me more…

No, just copied the CT notes from Corrado’s post above. It’s for the 2007.

Roger. I should probably click that link, huh? :happy:

I think you need to register with CT to be able to view it. Having said that, it’s free and pretty good at what it’s supposed to do (which reminds me that I should update mine).

do these come with the coffins?