Armida Winery Poizin Trio

Bought these a few years ago… Tasted corked right out of the bottle. Pass.

cool bottles!

But these don’t even have corks… Screw caps!

I know - hence my decision not to buy again :wink:

If they had corks, then I might be able to just assume I got a bad bottle…

Just once Woot can we get a random bag of carp in the wine woot??

Still haven’t touched the three I got back in the fall. Pass.

Boy, they are pulling out all of the stops on this one…2008’s, too. You know who you are. Get them now, before you want them and can’t have them come October.

delicious!

Armida Winery Poizin Trio
$56.99 + $5 shipping

Condition: Poizinous
Product:
3 2008 Armida Winery Poizin Sonoma County Zinfandel

Previous 10/19/09 Offer

I would buy!

Anyone know the drinking window on these? With three of same I could do one now and see how it fares, but if someone has had it already and can chime in…

This is a great price for this wine. The tasting room is out in the Russian River valley and they have some pretty good zinfandels. My impression was that their wine is priced high mostly for the label and art rather than its quality compared to other wines of the region though. At the vineyard these bottles sold for close to $40 each if I recall correctly.

If I recall correctly these were big, spicy, fruity zins high in acid and tannins that tasted remarkably zinfandelish.

Bought a set back in October as a halloween party treat. Impressively good.

In for another set for this year :slight_smile:

Edit: eh, in for 2 sets… they really were tasty.

Damn good stuff. In for 3!!

I keep having fantasies that on a wine.wootoff they will pull out a library collection of all the old Woot labeled wines.

We drank the 2005/2006/2007 at the Peruvian Restaurant in Chicago. I think it will do well for a few years at least.

I am going to be broke by the time this wine.wootoff is done…

This is one of my wife and my favorites!

In for 2.

Speed to First Woot: 0m 11.554s
First Sucker: uberskippy
Last Wooter To Woot: vtstan

I’ve seen these Poizin wines go up on here before but it always makes me wonder, who would want to drink something out of a bottle that is labeled like that?

My friends and I have greatly enjoyed the PoiZin. The half-case I bought last year is long gone and missed - in for another!