Armida Winery Poizin Trio

Hmmm… I bought Poizin back in '07, not sure of the year of the wine, but I thought it was tooo sweet.

Guess I will pass.

As much as I’d love to have a three year vertical from 2006 through 2008, I’m having to pass due to funds and already having too much wine. But I do enjoy this juice, and think it can easily age a handful of years. The 2006 is still going strong, I know that much.

Anyone have what the varietal percentages were of the 2007? I know the '06 was 97% Zinfandel, 3% Petite Syrah. And this one is 75% Zin, 21% Petite Sirah, 4% Syrah. I’m liking the big PS amount in this one…almost makes me want it even more. :tongue:

went looking for some old lab rattery.

Links to several here http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1623254&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=779

not sure if this is for me but my boyfriend has been kinda excited every time we open something jammy lately, and i sure do love these bottles. Maybe just …1.

*edit to say I realize that link is for a different year, but better than nothing I think.

Lots of PS will make this the best vintage yet.

I am not sure the %'s in the 2005 Poizin, but I know it was heavier in PS than the 2006/7. The 2005 IMO was the best of the 3.

In for a set hoping this is like the 2005.

HAK, if you’d like a bottle, I’d be happy to sell you one and bring it to Vegas in May :wink:

$80 for the reserve and people always confuse them. The bottles come with a coffin box and a wax seal and the bottle was etched with the art, very high on the novelty.

These bottles are the silk screen regular and sell in the winery for ~$25 a bottle, just regular.

All in all they were okay, maybe worth a $15-17 price range, but I don’t believe they are sold in stores so you can’t beat the shipping

Doh! Just bought 4 Zins on WTSO the other day or I’d be in.

Really hoping this wine.woot off brings us some Malbec or Syrah! I’d also be happy with a less expensive cab…perhaps a 4 pack?

Eh, looks like you can get this for a couple bucks more retail. Pass

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/armida+zinfandel+poizin/2008

Remember the shipping. There’s absolutely no way you are going to get $5 shipping on that, and it also says that you have to pay sales tax on top of the 2.50 more per bottle.

Game, set, match, woot.

Edit: Shipping came out to $15 for me for one order, to Illinois. And did I forget to mention that shipping scales with order quantity on other sites, whereas it decreases with quantity here? Ridiculous. Sometimes I see woot wines(should read as "wines I saw on woot, not “Woot Wines”) in the store, and it lets me try a bottle later if I pass on the order. But never has a better deal been found on exactly the same wine, at the same time.

Definitely one of our favorite woots.

Problem is, my wife has been opening my Poizin stash at the rate someone would open diet cokes, not understanding how precious these were.

When I finally told her the reasonable (my word) price per bottle, she suddenly stopped drinking them down like there was no end to our supply. Could she have thought they were free? Probably, when she saw my pile of maxed out Poizin offers.

Plus, she’s getting suspicious as to how much woot wine I’ve purchased. Thank God she doesn’t understand or know what a black square means.

Perhaps someone whose username means ‘The Devil Child?’ Seems like a perfect match! :wink:

I get it, poi-zin. Wine punnery.

I would not buy a bag of carp.

Interesting, just one note, with an 84

AWESOME!!!

Most are gone. We bought up the remaining Humbug a few months back in about 17 minutes. I grabbed my two bottles! :happy:

It’s about 3 years.

This is a good wine, but like all red wines, decant it… makes it taste MUCH better. It’s good out of the bottle but decant it anyway. It’s worth the extra few minutes it takes.

All?

I enjoyed the earlier offerings. The 2006 to be exact. I thought it was smoother than the Prom Queen’s thighs.

Ok So I bought this wine. I am new to the wine thing I am really a beer guy and not your normal types of beer either(hey woot you should have a beer.woot.com). I want to get into wine and I am going to be buying a wine fidge but anyone got good advice for a starting wine guy, or websites?

Later she said it was the screw tops. Thought screw tops meant, “inexpensive.” I just don’t understand why she doesn’t meticulously keep notes on all my gems of spoken wisdom. Aren’t spouses supposed to remember everything the other says? I suppose it’s only a one-way deal. At least in our house.