Army Gear Tactical Flashlights (4 Pack)

Army Gear Tactical Flashlights (4 Pack)

Is this a good deal? There’s a 1000 lumin small flashlight in my cart on the mothership for $8.50 (with 6k +reviews) these are about $5 a piece. 2x 500 lumin and 2x 800 lumin.

1 Like

I think its meh. I ordered a Vman flashlight from Woot a few weeks back (looks like the bigger of the two styles in these pictures) and was not impressed at all. The buttons and modes were really touchy. Now it’ll just sit and collect dust in the garage/closet (its the backup flashlights backup).

I ended up buying a 2 pack of Bell and Howell flashlights (the brown ones) that were on here and they work much much better (brighter light and better button)

I’m thinking this deal is more about quantity than quality, but I do not own them, so this only has so much value lol

One other thing I’ll say is typically outdoors gear is worth spending a little more on. It’s nice having that reliability when you’re out and about camping or doing whatever.

1 Like

I purchased the Army Gear (mine are branded as RockBird) 500 lumen ones from the mothership several months ago…they are about $3.50 each. Are they worth it? For that price, yes. These are replacing the cheeseball $1.99 three AAA battery lights that my kids like to play with. They are bright enough to see things, but not too bright that a kid is going to lose an eye when they stare into the light. Keep in mind…you are not going to get the light output they advertise off of a AA battery, you must use the higher voltage 14500 cells to get anywhere near the rated output. To compare output, one of my bike lights is a Li-Ion 500 Lumen light…it is quite a bit brighter than these are while running on a AA battery. I have never compared when running on a 14500. The entire point of these for me were to not be too bright due to kids as well as being cheap to replace batteries since they tend to be left on constantly.

2 Likes

Just Now Received My Tactical Flashlights

I am Highly Dissapointed in these Low Quality Knock Offs

No Way are these anywhere close to being 500 & 800 Lumins

I was so Excited ordering these
Now I’m Very Disappointed and Can’t Believe I wanted these so BAD

1 Unhappy Camper

1 Like

Thank you for taking 1 for the team. Make sure to reach out to cust service if you’re really disappointed.

I ordered these. One of the smaller flashlights doesn’t work at all. You may note the nifty looking storage boxes, and that’s about all you’re going to do with them. One of mine won’t stay closed at all. Yep… four tabs and not one will engage. The bigger of the two will close, but if you so much as look at it wrong, it’s done. The two larger flashlights work well. I’m not part of the “illumenoti”. No… the light will not penetrate walls, but they give off more than enough light to navigate a trip to the circuit panel, in what would have been total darkness, without breaking a toe. The smaller flashlight is clipped to the visor of my car. It’s the tactical version of a penlight. Good for looking under seats, finding keyholes, or reading maps (not the app). The total for my purchase $28.07. I round that down to $10 a piece for each of the larger, and $8 for the smaller. I’ve been doing this for a while. Perhaps the risk is part of the appeal?

1 Like