Arrow Shed Steel Shed Driftwood 10' x 10'

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Arrow Shed Steel Shed Driftwood 10’ x 10’
Price: $349.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Friday, Nov 04 to Wednesday, Nov 09) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://tools.woot.com/offers/arrow-shed-steel-shed-driftwood-10-x-10) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Arrow Shed Steel Shed Driftwood 10’ x 10’) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Arrow - Google Shopping Shed Steel Shed Driftwood 10’ x 10’)

Does this include floor kit?
Thanks, Mike

It’s hard not to be wary of the seriousness of an item with a product number like LO1010.

Wondering the same thing. Description doesn’t mention it, so I have my doubts that it does. Sears has SR1010 version with floor kit for $360.00 (store pickup). Note: floor kit will require purchase of plywood and has so-so reviews.

From the owners manual:

*Q. What kind of base do I use?
A. You can:
•Use an Arrow Base Kit
•Pour a concrete slab
•Build a wood deck/fl oor (use exterior-grade plywood)
•Use patio blocks
•Build on crushed gravel, dirt or grass
Arrow provides a base kit accessory that is an option for most building sizes. If you are building a wood deck/fl oor,
an Arrow fl oor frame kit on top of your deck/fl oor assembles in minutes and provides a fl oor frame suitable for a
5/8” exterior-grade plywood fl oor (not included). A continuous unbroken plastic vapor barrier with a thickness of 6
mil. between the ground and the building’s base is also recommended. *

Looks like the base is on your own.

No, the floor kit is not included.

You could build your floor pretty easy. Level a spot in your yard and use 16x8x8 cinder blocks. Dig down 6 inches (ish) if desired (or just enough to make ground level) and place the cinder blocks down and tamp them in place. One on each corner, then one in the middle of the back, sides & front. Then maybe 3 or 4 sheets of 5/8" exterior grade plywood to lay over the top (will need to cut/trim the plywood as needed, try to make minimal cuts). Could use two self taping cement screws on each cinder block to secure the plywood to your base. Then build your shed on top of that. Using exterior grade screws and washers to attach to the plywood. If you wanted you could use the membrane as indicated in the instructions, that goes on before you put down your shed obviously. Probably looking at $100 to $150 for the base if you build it on your own. Even if the floor kit comes with it, you need to build a base. Cinder blocks will allow some passage underneath for water/snow, etc.

aaaaaarrrrghhhhh…I still suffer twitching and spasms everytime I see my arrow shed, thinking of the friggin hours it took to figure out panels, and screw these things together. Their time estimate assumes you know what you’re doing, and not dicking around. If you’ve never leveled a subfloor before, or put one of their sheds together, you will be dicking around. Even getting a level squared base took longer than I thought. Don’t even think about doing it w/o powertools. And when they suggest an awl…it’s definitely a good suggestion.

I should add…yes the finished product is pretty useful, and does the job of keeping crap dry…twitch twitch…

FYI, I did find the floor frame kit useful, adding rigidity where I might have otherwise skimped on support, and provides support right where it’s needed, using the minimum amount of board cuts. You’d be surprised how much 5/8" plywood flexes between supports.

I severely underestimated the strength of plywood and broke through pulling my 800lb (plus my fat butt) Harley into my shed. Ended up using several 2x10s over the broken plywood for the floor.

That’s enough to establish perimeter support. But you still need additional support under the flooring. A pattern of 2x4s is suggested by arrow. Shim it up level, and then screw it down. It takes time.

Also…when figuring out anchors, consider how much you enjoy picking up sheet metal after a hurricane blows through, and design your anchoring method accordingly. We ended up using hilti expansion anchors going into an old poured concrete slab.

I have one of these, and installing it was a B*. I built a small deck on top of leveled crushed stone. It takes two people to install it, ton and tons and tons and tons of screws (included). Make sure it isn’t a windy day. It has worked great for me for about 6 years now with many rough Winters - it is 100% fine. Hard work to install, great price, decent shed. LOTS OF WORK!

Yeah, after I posted I forgot to add that you would want to put blocks in the middle of the structure as well. You could use those blocks that have places for 2x4’s pre-cast, and then lay it out like that as well. I had done it both ways, and neither have suffered any lag/movement. I also forgot to add about anchors in the ground. You can get them fairly cheap and attach to the cement blocks as well after driving them in to the ground.

I prefer to pour a cement slab and then building on that, as you can secure it very well and the shed won’t be going anywhere!..A slab this size wouldn’t necessarily be cheap. You can also use patio pavers, but the one I built on pavers per their request did not work out well at all.

My taste in foundations sound much like yours. If I didn’t have an existing poured slab to work with, and wanted to minimize the cost of a rock-solid, squared, leveled base, IMO, I’d have dug out 8-9 post-holes, and bedded some pressure-treated posts in concrete. Level and square up your pressure-treated studs around the posts, and lag screw them in. That sucker’s not moving.

I put together an 8x6 Arrow shed a couple years ago by myself. I estimate it took about 8-10 hours spread out over three days. For my base, I used a couple hundred extra bricks I had lying around (sand used for gaps and leveling), which worked just fine as I have the floor kit and plywood. A cordless screwdriver is HIGHLY recommended.

Doing anything weekend of 12-13 Nov? I’ve got a floor to build, and I heard you have a pretty good idea how to do it. Pizza and beer on me.

Unless you’ve got your cut-sheet all buttoned up and you already know exactly what supplies you intend to buy…including shims, including vapor barrier, anchors, lag bolts, including whatever else you don’t plan on jackassingaround with additional trips to the hardware store for…I’d plan on the following weekend too. Designing the base is part of the dickin around they don’t calculate into the time it takes to complete one of these things.

Are these allowed in Florida?

I can vouch for this. Same experience here. Also, don’t bang something into it (like a ride on mower)- you’ll forever have a dent. The hubs was not pleased…

Also, I bought their floor kit. Made it so much easier and has held up great.