Arrow Sheds

Rule of thumb: if the item looks trashy in the pictures, it’s going to look a lot worse at YOUR house.

I think I’d head over to Lowe’s and get some lumber. Or if I want somebody to do it for me (and do a good job), over to TuffShed.

I would check out sears if you are interested in these http://www.sears.com/arrow-buildings-steel-shed-barn-style-sr1012-10/p-07168222000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3 they have similar models with comparable or cheaper prices for the same brand. Plus shipping is free as long as you pick it up in the store (if you still have one around you that is…) and the warranty is 12years vs 5 here on woot.

Home Depot has an Arrow 8x6 for cheaper.

NP8667

$218.00

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&R=100119313&catEntryId=100119313#.UTg70hxQGaU

We have a metal shed that has been going strong for 30+ years. It is on a cement slab, we covered the outside walls/doors in plywood, with additional supports/trim added, paint along with the house, added some matching roofing shingles, and it has outlasted the one next to it made of wood. The wood exterior has protected it from rust, as well as the elevation off the dirt. The metal interior has kept rats and mice at bay when the other sheds contents were destroyed by them. An oak tree and a eucalyptus tree have fallen on it, and survived, with very minor roof repair needed.
I am considering vinyl this next time, but only due to location, and non-desire to use cement slab.

Hi

This is Greg from Arrow Shed. Even though the shed you mention at Home Depot says it is an 8 x 6. The shed is smaller. The walls are shorter, the shed has a shorter roof height. The pitch on the roof is lower, so there is less head room. This is not an apples to apples comparison.

Hi,

This is Greg from Arrow Sheds. Please remember when doing your comparison shopping that you are doing an apples to apples comparison. We have many different styles of buildings, with different wall heights, and roof heights. These are the main factors that determine the cost of our sheds

Hi,

This is Greg from Arrow Sheds, Thanks for the great feedback. Just a little FYI, you can build our sheds on a 2x4 base with a plywood floor instead of concrete. Makes for a great base and gets the shed off the dirt, just like yours with the concrete :slight_smile:

Hi This is Greg from Arrow Sheds. Everyone has there opinions on what makes for a good shed. Steel will not warp, split or crack and does not expand or contract do to moisture. Steel is Durable, Secure, Versatile, and Resilience to fire, bugs & decay. Steel has the highest weight to strength ratio over other building materials. Steel is extremely easy to maintain. Plus steel is 100% recyclable

Hi This is Greg from Arrow Sheds. Everyone has there opinions on what makes for a good shed. Steel will not warp, split or crack and does not expand or contract do to moisture. Steel is Durable, Secure, Versatile, and Resilience to fire, bugs & decay. Steel has the highest weight to strength ratio over other building materials. Steel is extremely easy to maintain. Plus steel is 100% recyclable

A word to the wise for those of you in the colder climates. I had a steel shed that collapsed under the weight of about a foot of snow so if you decide to get one of these always be sure to remove any built up snow off the roof.

I live in Florida and due to our strict building codes I assume these WOULD NOT be acceptable. Any comments from Arrow??

This is Greg from Arrow Shed. Our sheds are ok in some areas and not ok in others of Florida. Miami Dade area is definetly out. My advice is to check with your building department for the correct answer. Sorry I could not be of any further assistance

Thanks Greg. I live in Broward, and most of south florida uses Miami-Dade code. Too bad!!!

Hurricanes can be fun as long as your home is built right!

Anyone have any recommendations on how to take apart a totally rusted out shed? For example, all the screws are fused to the panels, etc.

Other than using things like a bulldozer because I don’t have access to such equipment.

I hired my nephew and he used a sledge hammer. We put it out to the curb. One of the morning trash scavengers took it all to take to recycle. Win win.

Wood framed sheds are better by far but don’t say these don’t have longevity. I have a great one that withstood May 3rd F5 tornado and the May 5th tornado. I live 1 mile away where the may 3rd ripped a mile wide section for 30 miles threw the city’s. I wouldn’t sugest you visit Oklahoma at the begining of May. My metal shed is still holding strong in my back yard painted like a barn. It has the taller roof. For the money they are well worth it. Putting the together is accomplished a lot faster with some good friends to help.

Wow how load was that banging away on a metal shed. Would make a quick job out of it.

Does anybody know if this shed has a door or some way to close/lock it. The one picture shows it open and the description doesn’t specify.

The metal ones are galvanized so they take a few years before they rust. Plastic/Vinyl crack after many years, about the same time a metal one would start to rust. Just my experience.

I have a couple of questions. Have we confirmed whether or not these have doors, and if not, is the track there to hang doors? My 30-40 year old shed was blown out after a near tornado in Minnesota this summer. An evening of straight line winds did it in. I have a 10x12 cement pad. The thing I am having trouble picturing is exactly how tall this thing is in the interior (the 10x12). From what I am reading, my 6 foot husband would have to bend over to walk inside. Am I reading that right? I’m hoping I am wrong, because I would so be in for one.

Hoping Greg will jump in here again. Thanks!

Now I see the description says eggshell colored DOOR. Does this really only have ONE door? Old shed had two doors. More info please. Thank you.

How does Woot’s 10x12 compare with this from Menards? http://www.menards.com/main/mobile/building-materials/storage-buildings/metal/arrow-10-x-12-the-arlington/p-1463760-c-9563.htm.