Artec Mini USB Portable Digital TV Tuner

It needs a computer to run!

Well, you don’t need an “hd antenna”, you just need AN antenna. Or maybe not even that, if you’re close enough to the broadcast towers. We’re out in the middle of nowhere, and sans antenna our little cheap-o TV got a signal for 3 channels just peachy. That’s, like, 30+ miles from broadcast towers.

"Provided (on disk) software didn’t work with Windows 7, updated software from their site had Trojan as reported by AVG and Spybot. "

LATEST QUOTE FROM AMAZON REVIEWS

Well when it starts with “Now you can get frustrated with poor digital TV signals on a whole new device!”

You know you are not going to want to buy it.

get two and an extra terrestrial (antenna) will come to your house!

Product Website
http://artectv.com/ehtm/products/t14a.htm

As much as I actually watch broadcast TV, even if it’s crappy I won’t mind, it’ll be nice to use as a PVR. In for 1.

The only thing I can think I would use this for is plug into the netbook for long airport delays, but Linux not supported. Would’ve risked $20 for the idea of watching TV in the airport without paying their ridiculous prices for airport internet access…

Is this thing cable ready?

Can I connect my cable tv input to it instead of the antenna and watch tv that way?

TIA.

Thanks. I actually knew I didn’t need an hd antenna, but did think I needed an antenna…I can’t believe you get signal from that far. Good for you.

"Provided (on disk) software didn’t work with Windows 7, updated software from their site had Trojan as reported by AVG and Spybot. "

LATEST QUOTE FROM AMAZON REVIEWS

Please read my post guys. Be careful, this may not work well with Windows 7!!!

This product came out like 5-6 years ago…and even the description barely gets to Vista…let alone Windows 7.

I just downloaded the latest drivers and scanned them with TrendMicro’s Office Scan and nothing came up.

I think I’ll risk it for one.

Would love to know this as well, anyone?

Ok, just warning as a safety precaution. The review was from December, so it’s possible any problem has been addressed.

Old products (and a lot of these PC TV adapters/receivers) tend to be finicky.

No… but you could plug an antenna into your flat screen.

Personally, I can’t wait to not watch TV on my laptop the same way I don’t watch TV on my LCD! THIS IS AWESOME! Don’t tell my gf, but now I can watch my stations while she watches her HGTV and pretend it is work. >:)

I wonder if changing it to DVB (European standard) is just downloading different software or a jumper in there that could be moved.

Artec has a T14BR…

Hmmm, may have to try…

I bought an ATI USB tuner a while ago from Woot and it works great. That is if all I wanted to watch is PBS and the local craptacular rerun network. Network broadcasts? Forget it! Woot was dead on with the description.

Should have bought and then posted. Sold out while I was typing. Doh!

In for 1 @ $20. We have satellite TV at the shore, but don’t get local channels as part of the package. Now I can watch the news, if the mood strikes.