Artec Mini USB Portable Digital TV Tuner

Just got my shipping notice, according to the tracking page, it’s not scheduled to be here until next Thursday. That’s fine, I can wait.

Got home yesterday, and mine were sitting on the front porch… Great turnaround!

I got this to run on windows 7 with the Vistra drivers from there site, although I am not getting any sound. Anyone have any luck? Im running 64bit windows.

I don’t get sound either on Win7 Enterprise 32bit. But if I record something the .mpg file it creates has sound. Now I’ll just need a bigger hard drive since 5 minutes of recording created a 600mb file size.

I installed mine on my Windows XP work laptop (I know its bad to watch TV at work… whatever…) but it keeps crashing when I open it and wanting to send a report to windows. Has anybody else seen this problem?

Also I read that there is a v5.x for the software has anybody been able to get that? I tried the website on the instructions but those don’t work =(

I cannot get the thing to install at all? Running w7 64, when I click on the driver download from the site, it flashes on the screen for a second and goes away…oh well

which website were you on? try using http://www.artectv.com/Service_e/nl/home/drivers.htm

I was able to download the Win7 64bit drivers there.

Let me know if you’re able to get the media viewing software to work. It never worked for me. I was able to use it with Microsoft Media Center, but it was shotty. My best luck so far has been with BlazeVideo HDTV Player.

What Video players are you guys using? Are you using the included software or something else? So far the one that’s worked best for me is BlazeVideo HDTV, but its a pricey $30.

Any recommendations? I’m using XP (work PC)

Think I got a dud. Is the light on the usb stick supposed to light up when plugged in? Mine doesn’t and after installing the driver and sw from both the cd and the website on multiple systems (vista and xp, both 32 bit), I get a message that the dvt tuner can’t be found when launching the supplied application, and nothing shows up in windows media center.

My XP box won’t allow the driver to install because it keeps getting flagged as a virus. I haven’t spent too much time with it - I’ll be trying to grab something from their website tonight to see if that works. Oh well…

Yeah, looks like I’m with you guys…I went to the webpage and got the Win 7 x64 drivers and I’m getting no sound. Great video quality…just no sound :((

Are you getting sound with BlazeVideo player?

ah ya…well I’m getting audio now through Blaze…but 14 day trial with 30 dollar to buy :frowning:

Yeah great quality on Blaze but $30? blah. I’m trying to find out if we can use VLC to watch TV.

I got this to work today on my Windows 7 machine. I had to download the vista drivers from the site, and theres no sound when I use the viewing software on disk, but it runs fine using Windows Media Center.
There was no light on the usb unless I had a viewer open. There are more instructions on a pdf on the disk I looked through.
If you change usb ports you have to install the drivers again (which is strange)
I wasn’t able to get the remote to do anything on my pc. I ran the programs in the remote folder on the cd and something flashed on screen, but nothing worked. May try again tomorrow, anyone have any ideas on that? Might try installing everything on the old xp laptop, but the spec are a little weak on it.

I don’t have ir on my laptop, so does the dongle have ir to received the remote signals?
My guess right now is no, but I’m not sure…
I may look for a cheap usb ir receiver on amazon to paly with, (& theres one with a remote for $5 there)