Artisan Meats & Cheese: Made in America

I just want to say that right now it’s 100º outside and humid as the inside of Dolly Parton’s bra. Wonder how these will hold up in shipping?

Yay, Yancy’s Fancy! If you have access to this brand, definitely try the Smoked Gouda with Bacon. Soooo good!

You can mail-order Yancy’s! Now there is no excuse.

I’d highly recommend the BellaVitano Gold from the Wisconsin cheese collection, it’s one of my absolute favorite cheeses.

It’s nutty with a hint of sweet, and pairs perfectly with a wide variety of crackers, charcuterie, and fruit.

The Widmers cheddar is also very good, so definitely go for the Wisconsin cheese collection!

The Vermont cheese are not, in fact, the state’s finest. For example, the Cabot offered is far inferior to the truly artsinally-produced Cabot Clothbound, which is one of the best American cheeses. Many of the best Vermont cheeses are made by Jasper Hill or aged in their caves (like the Cabot Clothbound). If you live in the northeast, try a good market for a better selection.

If the “Polish-style kielbasa” includes chicken thighs, it is emphatically not Polish-style kielbasa.

Just a warning: The Yanceys “cheese” is a pasturized process cheese. In my opinion, it does not have the texture of real cheese. It is definitely soft and smooth, but a big gummy too. I’ve tried it multiple times when they had samples at Costco, and was not pleased… and I love cheese. Not sure about the other cheeses.