Artist Comp Codes Expiring Soon? Do Something Good With Them

Artist friends:

If you’re like me, there are times you get down towards the expiration date of your comp codes, and you’re not sure what to do with them, so you grab your 8-millionth t-shirt to add to the piles you have in the laundry basket.

Something I have started doing instead, is donating clothing to a charity run by a friend of mine. They help refugees and asylum seekers navigate the ridiculously treacherous system when they arrive here, often times dumped on the streets by government agencies in a strange land with nothing but the clothes on their backs.

If you would be interested in helping these newcomers, you can do like I do, and grab a few shirts, or even the occasional hoodie (they could really use those right now) in a variety of sizes, and ship them to be redistributed to people in need.

For example, there is a Cameroonian refugee rocking Krittikae’s Dia de Que Sera hoodie as we speak, because that is the latest design I sent their way.

I just keep their address stored in my Amazon account as an alternate address, so it makes it really easy to pull up when ordering.

Anyway, here is their address for those who may be interested:

Minority Humanitarian Foundation
C/o Mark Lane
1618 San Miguel Ave.,
Spring Valley, CA 91977

If you’re interested in checking them out or following their mission on Facebook, they have a page here:
Minority Humanitarian Foundation

The stories they share can be pretty intense, but ultimately uplifting (at least in my opinion)

Anyway…sorry for the novel-sized post. Hope all is well with you and yours. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Peace.

2 Likes