As Seen on TV Posture Walking Cane

As Seen on TV Posture Walking Cane

After 4 back surgeries and now rehabbing my foot after my 6th foot surgery I’ve used a cane on and off over the past 5 years.
The base of this cane is flimsy, it reminds me more if the basket of an old snow ski pole. It will not stand upright on it’s own with any consistency. You might be able to replace basket/base with a tripod type base which is what I have on one of my sticks and it stands on it’s own or if it does end up on the ground you can step on the edge of the base and the cane will pop up. I feel more stable with the traditional cane with a tripod base. I’m not a fan of this posture walking cane.

1 Like

Be advised that this “cane” is really just a walking stick and the manufacturer advises that “IT IS NOT A WEIGHT BEARING DEVICE”. Also the following warning from the manufacturer: “Not intended to permanently fix posture or chronic pain. This is a medical device intended to provide minimal weight support for walking. It is not intended to relieve or resolve persistent pain, posture, or other orthopedics issues.”
So to call this a “cane” is deceptive and buyers may think it can help support them if they need to lean on it - however it is more a “balance” assistive device. You need to be able to stand fairly straight, hold your own weight on your legs and walk mostly unassisted to use this walking stick. Don’t be fooled into thinking this can take the place of a weight-bearing cane.