Astak 1080p Sports Action Cam - 2 Pack

The specs state “Supports SD card up to 64GB” and the thumbnail photo shows an 8gb card among the supplied accessories.

Can this camera be used as a dash cam? Does it have a looping recording mode where it overwrites the oldest files?

im curious about the 30min limit too. i read on amazon that one reviewer blamed the battery for the 30min recording time, but i was wondering if its a limitation of the battery, or the camera, or what…

my kids been wanting an action cam, and this price is tough to beat.

30 minute video length is the longest. The recording will keep going above 30 minutes. It just save the long videos in each 30 minute segment. It includes a 8GB SD card. It supports upto 64GB.

It can’t do looping. It will stop recording once SD card is full.

A healthy battery can last at least an hour of recording from fully charged state. This is a sports camera built on Ambarella A5 chipset which is the same as the most famous sports cam in the market.

These type cameras record in “chunks” merging multiple chunks when played. Sounds like you can get a 30 min chunk when in the lowest resolution? The higher res chunks are the same size but lower time.

Does this camera work while externally powered? I want to leave it plugged in all the time and capture video only every now and then using the external remote. Also I would like to have it plugged in for longer timelapse videos to a 64GB card. I figure with a minute in between shots and a 64GB card I could probably get a couple days worth of pictures, but I would need it externally powered or else I would be changing batteries all day long.

The longest video length is set at 30 minutes, no matter the resolution setting. The 30 minutes of 1080P will be a largest file size, 720P will be less.

Yes, it works while power adapter plugged in. Time elapse picture taking is widely used for construction site recording.

So, the shutter would need to be pressed every 30 mins to get a video longer than 30 mins?

ah ok…much like my old d90 (but for diff reasons im sure).

good info. thanks!

No, it will continue record. Just under different file.

Let me share a video recorded by this camera.

Will this fit accessories made for GoPros?

Yes, it fits.

30 minutes is the legal limit in the US for tax reasons.

"This site can’t be reached

youtube refused to connect."

What???

The 30 min record confusion was a deal killer for me. Like to see this deal again with clarification. I use cameras to record wildlife and just leave them running until the card fills up. ( external power)