Asus 13.3" Dual-Core 16GB Chromebook

any comments? im on the fence…2 usb , 1 HDMI…on SSD i think, no CD player…i dont think any Chromebooks have them…
this would be used for EMAIL, Youtube, internet browsing…would have liked to play some basic games…
Chrome OS limits capabilities i understand.

I’d have 4gb of RAM as a requirement for a Chromebook if I was in the market, which I am. This won’t be bad at all, especially for the price, but I get frustrated when there are any hitches when opening more than a few tabs, which I’ve seen in reviews for Chromebooks without enough memory.

I’ve been talking friends and family into these when their computing needs are just for internet use.
Bought a couple of these last time they were offered. They are relatively light in weight so they are easy to handle. They have very long battery life. It will do all you’ve described. Most of the software you’ll need is free from the chrome store.

Thank you everyone

A couple of new Chromebooks were released recently/soon. A 15" Acer which has received pretty high reviews (I think it’s about $350.) And FINALLY, Google released Pixel 2. The penultimate of Chromebooks. I ordered one, unfortunately they won’t be leaving the factory for a couple of weeks. Many people who ordered right away when they were posted for sale, received them within 2 or 3 days.

Anyway, for most people, the Acer will be a great computer.

Chromebook Pixel (2015)
Intel Core i5 2.2GHz/8GB RAM/32GB SSD - $999.00 + Free Shipping
Intel Core i7 2.4GHz/16GB RAM/64GB SSD - $1,299.00 + Free Shipping

Acer Chromebook 15 $350 - Hands On